Unfortunately, your Brave Rewards cannot be verified because your region is not supported for Brave Rewards verification at this time

hey, I am in India and trying to verify the reward using uphold but it says “Unfortunately, your Brave Rewards cannot be verified because your region is not supported for Brave Rewards verification at this time.”
but I am verified using the same on my phone.

3 Likes

I’m also facing the same issue for the past two days. verified using uphold wallet yet the issue occurs.

@ikshansh and @bensmathew It would help if you would search for answers before creating new Topics. This has been asked and answered what feels like hundreds of times now.

And no, Gemini isn’t an option either…

Can’t brave just update in the situation of uphold or gemini, atleast we’ll get a fair enough idea of how much longer this issues gonna take. I’m from India BTW… I can’t withdraw from gemini since it got disconnected from brave today… I have 10.7 bat stuck in gemini. Thanks to brave BTW… No other browser rewards users for ads but this one does so I do understand that it’s just one plus point of brave and not a feature which should mandatorily be in a browser

1 Like

Same in the Philippines brave reward country not supported.

They have, at least for what they can.

We’ve moved fast in trying to get BAT to everyone and make ourselves available in as many regions as possible. Unfortunately each government has different restrictions and we’ve encountered some pushback from that in different countries. For example, each country has different requirements for KYC/AML among other things that weren’t being met by current standards, so those regions had to be put on hold while this gets resolved.

We really want India and other countries to be able to be Verified and are working behind the scenes to do everything we need. We hope to get this resolved ASAP but there’s no timeline.

Also in the last Community Call we had last week, they shared that we should soon have a third option for Exchanges beyond just Uphold and Gemini. But they didn’t have a timeline and didn’t want to reveal specifics. Also unknown is whether they would be available to India.

Along with Brave and government challenges, you also have the very high increase in fraud from India lately which presents even more challenges. I’ve given this example before, but check out Some Fraudsters Buying and selling Gemini and Uphold accounts for BAT token withdrawal

While you’re going to have issues everywhere, it’s been ridiculous how many people are hacking and committing identity fraud in India compared to other countries.

Hey, thanks for the update. I agree that these frauds are intolerable. Ignorant of them cause its getting an inconvenience for everyone else (even if we aren’t by any means causing such crimes). All I hope is that brave or whoever concerned resolves this issue as Possible and rewards payout processing gets smoother as before, Thanks! :slight_smile:

yes, I have been facing the same issue this month. can someone please help?

Uphold’s wallet got disconnected in June month. I’m from India and cannot re-connect due to unsupported region restrictions. No claim button is available for July on both desktop and mobile.

After wallet disconnection, ads are received on the Desktop. However, No more ads on Brave Android. I have DM’d all the required details into @steeven inbox. Please solve the issue. There might be many people having this same issue.

@crissdinesh read everything said in this thread. You already have your answer. India is not supported right now. So you can’t connect to Uphold or Gemini.

And if did not receive pay, submit a support ticket. DM and posts are not guaranteed a response. They’ll be able to see if you’ve been flagged or whatever may be happening if you’re not seeing ads as well

Support Ticket is created at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001302431

Im using Gemini wallet but still same issue

Hello, just wanted to add that it is also restricted in Turkey too. I hope this resolves soon.

Same for me, it’s been around 2 months and I haven’t earned BAT anymore, and today I ran a reset, but couldn’t connect my Uphold account. Not earning any BAT and Support doesn't seem to be wanting to solve my problem

I’m considering moving to another browser that does provide the same type of service and I recommend you guys to do the same, because if you look closely, in the past 12 months things haven’t been great in the community.

I’m from Brazil and I’m having the same problem. I’ve been using brave for the past 4 months and accumulating my rewards. Today I tried to verify my wallet through Uphold and I saw this same message " Error: Region not supported. Unfortunately, your Brave Rewards cannot be verified because your region is not supported for Brave Rewards verification at this time."

Does this mean I can’t collect my rewards??? Am I going to lose them???

1 Like

Hello,

I am from Ireland and today I noticed the same issue.

hi, i am from Dominican Republic and i have the same issue

@bjm @HSSM
NOTICE: New region restrictions on verifying Brave Rewards with Gemini

NOTICE: New region restrictions on verifying Brave Rewards with Uphold

Same for Peru :c That’s not fair, please fix it

I am from the UK which is supposed to be a registered region still same the same issue on Uphold.

@Bucser Check out PSA: Unsupported Region