Unable to recover previous Solana Address using seed Phrase or Private Keys

Description of the issue:
I had created Solana address in Brave Wallet when it was integrated. But now, I can’t recover that address using seed phrase or private key. The seed phrase recovers Ethereum address just fine but not Solana address. When I create a new Solana account, I get an altogether new address. Not sure what changes have been made recently. And like always, I think, no heads up as well!

Are you using the (new) Brave Wallet or the (old) Crypto wallets implementation?
Brave Wallet

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Have a Solana Address in Brave Wallet from before
  2. Copy seed phrase or private key
  3. Recover in a new profile
  4. Ensure recovered Ethereum address is same
  5. Create a new Solana account and get a different address. Even private key doesn’t work.

Brave Version (check About Brave):
1.46.140 Chromium: 108.0.5359.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Screenshot 2022-12-13 094352
@Mattches @DouglasHDaniel

Hello,

I was unable to replicate this issue on my end.

Did you import the previous Solana address or was it created directly from the Brave Wallet?

To clarify, you’re unable to import the Solana Private key from the original wallet to the new wallet? If you create a brand new wallet, are you able to import the effected Solana address?

Have you attempted to import this private key in another wallet outside of Brave?

Thanks for confirming!

2 Likes

@Evan123 My Bad. Totally an error on my side. I didn’t notice that on importing with seed phrase, Brave wallet had created 1st Solana address by default along with Ethereum address and I went ahead and created another Solana account which was obviously different.

And private key didn’t work because that address was already present. Maybe Brave Wallet could’ve warned that adress is already present when using private keys. Lol. Sorry for the trouble. :sunglasses:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.