Unable to login into microsoft account in brave browser but working fine for other browsers

Description of the issue:

I am unable to login into microsoft acount (microsoft.login.com) to access other microsoft apps on brave browser (i.e. sharepoint) although, it is is working in other browsers such as safari, firefox and chrome i have tested.

  1. When I am trying to login into microsoft account, it is showing “We couldn’t sign you in. Please try again”
  2. When I am trying to access sharepoint through microsoft login, it is showing " Something went wrong", issues type : unknown issue.


Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)


Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?


Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):


Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?


Brave version (check About Brave):

Brave v 1.62.165


Same problem here. It only seems to affect Sharepoint services. I’m able to log into the M365 admin center, Outlook Online, and Azure, but I’m getting the same errors as rajul for Lists, OneDrive, Forms, etc.

Shields up or down doesn’t matter.
I tried the latest Brave release (1.65…) and reverted back to 1.63.162.
Cleared all cache.
Private window.

Nothing helps except using Chrome or Edge.

1 Like

I also tried allowing all pop-ups and redirects. Still no go.

Same issue here.
Problem started yesterday.
Works fine in Chrome, Safari.
Reset Brave and tried in private window. No luck.

Hey, I have the same issue here- trying to watch a Stream tutorial uploaded to Moodle. The tutorial is via Stream and I am not able to log in just like in the picture shown above from Rajul. I have tried pretty much anything you can think of, like deleting cache, and history, changing the password, looking at the source code, incognito tab, and updating Brave currently v 1.63.162. Still was not able to watch the Stream tutorials which sucks badly because I am a student and need to have everything working in Moodle. The tutorials work just fine in other Browsers and also in Brave on my iPhone 13 - with IOS v 17.3. When looking at the source code I get the “Deprecated feature used” and the affected resources - “onloadwff.js.71” file. At first, I thought that my LastPass extension was causing this issue but I have uninstalled it and am still not able to watch the tutorials.
OS- Windows 11
Brave v 1.63.162

Did anyone tried to request help from here?https://www.chromium.org/Home/chromium-security/corb-for-developers/

Same issue here. Started today
Win10. Brave V 1.63.162.

Hope it gets fixed soon

Thank you all for reporting. Saw some other reports of this earlier as well — looking into this now.


I tested via microsoft directly and https://login.microsoftonline.com/ both worked for me, I am able to login

Is it still an issue? which shield settings are enabled?

I’ve had the same problem; it seems to be a redirect issue. With the full URL turned on, I can see SharePoint keeps redirecting me to different URLs (query strings?) and then ultimately fails. Noticed this started on the 27th or the 26th; my school uses primarily SharePoint so I would love to see a fix.

I don’t think anything changed reqarding query/param strings. Does shields affect it?

Seems like a legit issue, we’re tracking here: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/36450


Have had the same issue since midday yesterday.

The root cause was Brave partitioning all 3p cookies as opposed to Chrome only partitioning some cookies which led to cookie confusion, more details on the issue linked above. Fix is in https://github.com/brave/brave-core/pull/22391

1 Like

@shivan when looking at things like the Github pull request, how are we supposed to know which version it lands on and when to expect it live? Reason I’m asking is we’re already into 1.63 and your pull request just says 1.63.x. Judging by https://github.com/brave/brave-core/pull/22394 it seems to still be in review.

But then still circles back around, like how long should it take to arrive to browsers once approved? This is one thing I don’t ever fully understand. I always struggle on helping people understand ETA. Sometimes we say things like fix is coming in next update, but then the updates can be weeks or months away. So yeah, hoping you can perhaps help clarify a bit. Thanks!

1 Like

I’m still seeing this issue. I’m on the latest version of Brave on MacOS:

The fix has gone into Brave Nightly (1.65.x) as of last night, and we’re working to uplift it to Brave Beta (1.64.x) and Brave Release (1.63.x).

I’ll update this thread once the fix is tested and in Brave Release (i.e. what most people use). Once it’s there, people can expect to update their browser and see the fix.


Thanks for that. We users have a lot to learn and figure out in terms of how things work on developer side and all. So always good to get the clarification. Otherwise seems lot of people seeing Github and fix on the way kind of assumed was going to be done in just a matter of hours or something.

1 Like

We have to make sure we don’t inadvertently break things while trying to land a fix, so an uplift like this goes through multiple rounds of testing.


Thank you. I just posted a new topic on this exact issue. I didn’t find this one strangely enough. Looking forward to a fix. I hate having to use other browsers.

Same problem here - started yesterday. Works on chrome