Cannot login to the Microsoft Rewards page

When I attempt to login to the Microsoft Rewards page, Brave fails to login. It appears to make repeated attempts to login and then Microsoft returns a message that states: " Something went wrong and we can’t sign you in right now. Please try again later. The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts. Please wait a moment and try again." No issues signing in with Chrome, Edge, or IE.

I have tried logging in with shield off as well. This happens on both my desktop and laptop PCs.

1. Load bing.com.
  2. Click points balance at the top.
  3. Pop-up appears. At the top click “Micorsoft Rewards”
  4. Page that errors will load. There is a 10-digit number that will increment several times as the page loads multiple times. After 4-5 attempts I get the following screen:

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:
I expect to see the Micorsoft Rewards screen.

Reproduces how often:
Every time.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 Pro, Version 0.63.48 Chromium: 74.0.3729.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
I don’t think there is anything else to add, but let me know if there is.

Bump.

Still a problem.

I’m wondering if this issue is related to Bing sign in not working. It’s a sign-in issue related to Microsoft product.

Could be a sign-in issue. I don’t know. I logged out of my account then logged back in. The login was unsuccessful. Shut down Brave, restarted it, and it logged me back in. However, I still cannot access the rewards page.

I have given this time. I am seeing other issues as well. When I first start my computer and start Brave, Brave will open for a second and then automatically close. Restart it again, and it will close again. It usually takes 3 times of starting Brave to get it to stay “on”. Videos don’t play sometimes, not youtube but sometimes on news sites. So I’m out. I tried. I may tried again next year or so. Brave is a step in the right direction, but way too buggy for me right now. I wanted Brave to work, but I need a working product.

BTW… my problems are on two different computer. One a Dell laptop and the other a self-built gaming PC. Edge, Chrome, and Firefox do not have these same issues. Hell, even Internet Explorer doesn’t. So, I’m out.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.