Unable to load youtube nor google email pages

Description of the issue:

when I either use a bookmark or type in the url brave will not load the youtube nor google mail. google search yes. ALL other www-sites yes.

when i use a guest profile youtube and google mail will load

I’ve also attempted to reset settings but this only results in infinite waiting with the curser wheel just spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning (etc)

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. type www.youtube.com
  2. type www.mail.google.com

Expected result:

page loads and can watch youtube. page loads and can view email.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

try clearing the cookies and site data for both

well … that doesnt work as when I click through the menus to get to deleting cookies all the browswer does is put the ‘thinking’ icon that never stops spinning. Thus I NEVER get the option to delete any cookies!

Hi there @scoobflight have you tried loading those pages with shields off? If not, please try to do that to check if any shield configuration maybe interfering with both Gmail and Youtube.

To temporarily disable them, do the following:

Click on the brave icon > Switch shields off while loading the page. 

1 Like

I’m also having this problem with some Google sites youtube/Gmail I can only access them with a clean profile. Trying to access them via the 2 old profiles after the last update fail to load. There is some type of profile corruption going on. [
Version 1.44.105 Chromium: 106.0.5249.91 (Official Build) (x86_64)

1 Like

Hi there @d_derek do you have an extension called HTTPS everywhere installed on the browser? If that’s the case, please try disabling it to see if the issue gets solved.

Let me know if that works, regards.

No I do not. I just made new profiles and synced between the old one and the new one.
That fixed the sites not loading. So something with the update corrupted something in the profiles that is not in the synced data.

1 Like

Thanks for the information provided, I’ll tag @Mattches and @steeven so they can pass it on to development for further review.

If you have other concerns, let me know. Regards.

@d_derek,
I’ve been seeing this issue a lot recently and it is typically due to one or more different extensions installed in the browser causing the conflict. Can you tell us if you have any extensions installed at this time (and, if you don’t mind, which ones)?

Personal Profile
1Password – Password Manager 2.3.8
OneTab 1.58
PayPal Honey: Automatic Coupons & Cash Back 15.5.0

Work Profile
1Password – Password Manager 2.3.8
OneTab 1.58
Chrome Remote Desktop 1.5
ClickUp: Tasks, Screenshots, Email, Time 1.9.16

Both Profiles had the same problem

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.