Unable to install any extension

Well, in a round about way, I seem to have fixed this.

I was having issues with photos and video getting “specified procedure could not be found” errors. I tried a bunch of solutions from many different sites will little luck, until I found this article: https://windowsreport.com/specified-procedure-could-not-be-found/.

This, finally(!) fixed that issue using this command: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth as described in the article. It took a while to run, but it did fix the issue I was having.

The next day, I thought I wonder if this might fix the issue I have with Brave loading extensions. Just for kicks, I tried to add an extension. It failed. I uninstalled Brave and reinstalled it and it worked! (I’d tried uninstall/reinstall Brave several times before with no joy) I’ve added a few more extensioins and it seems to be ok now.

Now, I’m not 100% certain that this really is a solution here, but, one event did follow the other, so I’m going to go with it. :slight_smile:

I hope this sheds some light and helps somebody else out with this problem.

Thanks for the help from all of you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.