Unable to install extensions

Description of the issue: When I try and install an extension, I get a dialog box that states:

An error has occurred
Download interrupted
[Reload] [Close]

The download status also states, “Failed - Network error”

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Select an extension (e.g. LastPass)
  2. Click on [Add to Brave]

Expected result: Extension is added to Brave

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.39.122 Chromium: 102.0.5005.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: Also tried and failed with a new profile

Have uninstalled and reinstalled Brave, but still can’t install extensions. Not sure what else to try. Might it be my firewall that is blocking a particular port?

Hi

Try this

Check the hosts file @ C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Open it with bloc-notes; It should look like this:

HOSTS

It looks identical, with only comments lines plus the one blank line. Could it be the router firewall?

Hi

Try these in this order:

1. Open a private window by holding CTRL+SHIFT+N and try installing an extension from here https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions
  2. Open brave://policy/ . It should look like in image below
  3. Check your firewall or disable it.
  4. Open brave://flags and click on reset all (prresuming you didnt rest something before)
  5. Scan for malware

Re (1), I am told “You cannot add extensions in incognito or guest windows”

Re (2), it looks the same (i.e. there are no policies set)

Onto (3)

Click on the Hamburger icon at top right corner, create a new profile, name it TEST, then install any extension from https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions
Result?

Delete the TEST profile.

macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Description of the issue:
When I try and install an extension, I get a dialog box that states :

An error has occurred : Download interrupted
The download status also states, “Failed - Network error”

Brave Version :
Version 1.40.107 Chromium: 103.0.5060.53 (Official Build) (X86_64)

Additional Information :
tried and failed with a new profile (how i can delete new profil ??)

#macos

To delete the new profile, follow the steps below:

1 Like

Re (3), much as I dislike disabling OS and router firewalls, when they are all disabled, the download was still interrupted

Re (4), I had not changed any flags but carried out the step anyway and the download was still interrupted

Re (5), no malware has been detected.

One additional point: I am able to install extensions to Chrome, but not Brave

When creating a new profile, the Hamburger has the word “Error” to the left, with no indication of how to find out what the error is!

The download is interrupted again!

Just tried downloading a different extension (HTTPS Everywhere) to the one I have been testing with (LastPass) and it installed. Privacy Badger also installed. And they both installed with the original profile. So the problem seems to be with specific extensions.

Have checked LastPass on Chrome and I have the same problem there, so the problem seems to be either with the chrome web store or the LastPass extension.

LastPass downloads fine on my side.

From What I read elsewhere, maybe it interferes with another extension. Try disabling extensions when downloading.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.