Unable to connect my brave rewards to my gemini account

Hello,

I have been unable to link my Brave browser rewards (BAT) to my Gemini account. Whenever I try to verify my wallet, the following error message is displayed:

Your request is still being processed, please wait.
Sorry there was a problem processing your request, please try again.

This is getting really annoying, I already tried so many times but still same error is appearing every time I try.

3 Likes

This is happening to me too. Finally caved in and got myself a Gemini account. It is verified and should be ready to link.

Tried a few times this morning, an hour in between. Temporary problem or something known?

exactly the same for me. Been trying all day and get the same error message with no explanation as to what is wrong. FRUSTRATING.

same here: Can’t verify with Gemini

I think they do it. When there is a payout, they are always doing something that will not make it for me. Shady company. I will quit this browser asap.

I have the same error appearing evrey time, when i try to link my brave browser

They have mentioned in reddit that It will work properly from feb 1st week.

The same message here; Uphold says Its full of devices after I have switched between Windows and Linux on the same laptop

1 Like

@varun2003arora Reddit thread in case you want to go look. :smile:

Verifying Brave Rewards with Gemini is temporarily down for maintenance

Update Jan 25, 2022: Thank you everybody for your patience. We are working with the Gemini team to get everything back up and running. We currently expect Gemini user wallets in Brave Rewards to be back online around Feb 2-3, 2022 (next week).

1 Like

@flavinoezs You may have reached you max lifetime slots (4). You can unlink one slot by following these directions:

This Help Center topic explains more about the lifetime slots:
How many Brave Rewards wallets can be linked to my crypto custodian account?

If you don’t think that is your problem, just open a New Topic in Rewards Support and follow the instructions displayed in the message pane on the right.

this can not be the case for all. I have never used any wallet for brave, and only got gemini to transfer bats.

@UrbanAlchemist305 Hi :slight_smile: and welcome to the community first time poster! lol I love that they enabled that message. Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling! :smile:

To address your statement, you are right, it isn’t the case for all. There are lots of issues that can impact Wallets, Rewards, Ads, and everything related. Another community member, @Saoiray, posted a topic that is really helpful in addressing the most common issues.

PSA: Friendly Reminder For People Having Issues with Rewards/Ads
About wallets, I’m a newbie myself and don’t know all the in and outs but I’ll try to give a little information about wallets as I understand them. I could be way off base on this though, If I get it wrong maybe someone with more experience can pitch in and help!

1. As far as I know, you have to have a Brave Rewards Wallet whether linked (verified) or unlinked (unverified) if you opt-in to Brave Rewards. The BAT you accumulate in your unverified wallet is virtual BAT and has limited uses. To get the real thing, you need to verify your wallet with a custodian account. Currently, Gemini, Uphold, and bitFlyer (JP only) are the only providers you can choose for custodians. Once you verify with a custodian, the virtual BAT is transferred to your custodial account each month. The BAT in your custodial account is the actual BAT utility token which can be bought, sold, transferred, whatever. Here are a couple of Brave Help Center topics that might help:
    Brave Rewards FAQ
    What is a verified wallet?

2. From another topic, “Brave Wallet is completely separate from Brave Rewards. This is a standalone component…” Brave Rewards Wallet and Brave Wallet are not the same thing. You cannot link Brave Rewards to Brave Wallet at this time. You will need to transfer the BAT from your custodial wallet to your Brave Wallet if you want it there.
    Brave Wallet FAQ
    How do I use Brave Wallet in Brave?

Hope this helps! Take care. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.