Cannot link Rewards to Gemini

Briefly describe your issue:
Cannot verify accounts.

Clicking “manage” on brave://rewards page at the top beside the giant banner “Brave Rewards” leads to a popup which states the following:

If your Brave Rewards is not verified, your BAT balance is stored in local files on your device.

If you’d like to secure your BAT in case you need to do a clean reinstall of the browser or reformat your device, and would like to enjoy other benefits such as adding or withdrawing your BAT, we recommend verifying.

Clicking the blue “verifying” leads to (after a second screen to verify your name) a popup that just displays this:

Your request is still being processed, please wait.

Sorry there was a problem processing your request, please try again.

This never resolves.

What’s the problem? Is verifying one’s account a broken function?

This entire convoluted process is HARDLY user-friendly, let alone friendly to anyone new to this “crypto” nonsense. Why have you all made this so difficult? Why is there not a “Step 1/2/3” How-To page that we can load that just walks through the stoopid steps to this process to get things arranged properly?

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
I can follow Menu-->About Brave but the page which loads doesn’t allow us to right click->copy link TEXT nor highlight the damn version number. Dragging it to the URL bar to try and get the text to render in some way that can be copied to paste here just re-loads the page. I’m not typing all that shite out. I have the latest of whatever the hell for Windows. Whatever you put up as of yesterday. That’s it. That one.

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
THATS THE PROBLEM

What date did you verify your wallet?
Oh jfc

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
New account n/a

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
shut up

Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)?
tf if I know? I should be but I can’t even get this crap set up

Are you on the list of supported regions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner (see here for list of supported regions)?
y

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
…what?!

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to a custodial partner?
Need More Information.

1 Like

There is.

You’ll all important info there.

If you can’t be patient and provide info, Noone can help you.
Are you from the US?
You weren’t connected to Gemini earlier? Right?
If you’re not from the US that could be the issue since Gemini is supported for The US only.
If you were connected to Gemini earlier then you would’ve been to connect.

I’m from the US, yes; but you clearly aren’t with that grammar. I can’t even tell what you’re trying to ask/say?

The linked page you provided offers absolutely nothing.

What are you asking me to be patient about? Patient with what? Nobody has asked me to wait for assistance with anything? You make no sense. Speak English, please.

None of this is clear at all.

I installed this browser.
It pinged me with a bunch of in-your-face requests to sign up for all this crap to support their ad network.
I haven’t touched my crypto wallets in months. Why not earn free money based on web browsing? So, I decided to try this out.

The instructions are minimal and offer zero explanation as to what’s really going on.

I signed up for Brave “Rewards”
I validated my personal info, my email, an account for this community.brave forum, and signed up for Gemini.

Nothing was linking. So, I tried to “restore” my old Mycelium wallet to the browser wallet since it was refusing to connect its own stoopid Brave Wallet it’s been ranting and raving about in my face since I installed this browser.

That worked. But–there’s no coin in my wallet.

Now, when I try to verify the Brave Wallet by clicking the verifying link (as I very clearly stated above and gave direct explanation where to find the popups I was referring to) it just refuses to do anything and returns the message I already provided:

Your request is still being processed, please wait.

Sorry there was a problem processing your request, please try again.

I don’t know what it is you’re asking me for.

So far, it doesn’t seem that I’ve actually been given a “Brave Wallet.” I signed up for Gemini, whatever that is, but it has not provided me with a wallet address, nor has the browser seemed to connect my Gemini thing to this in-browser “not a plugin” wallet.

Somebody explain in plain English what’s going on here, please? Stop pointing me to these vague FAQs because they don’t explain anything.

Well I provided a clearer overview of what I’ve gone through and apparently some loser moderator deleted my post.

I installed the Brave Browser.

I got hit with a bunch of in-your-face requests to join their ad network scheme and to sign up for Gemini or Uphold to do so.

I chose to go with Gemini because it doesn’t cost actual real money to sign up.

I signed up for Gemini.

I signed up for “Brave Rewards.”

I validated all my personal info with Gemini and uploaded ID and attached a bank.

Gemini does not seem to be attached to any Crypto wallet. I don’t understand what this is.

My Brave Browser refused to link any Brave Wallet or do anything else, so I tried to “restore” my old Mycelium Wallet with a pass phrase. That worked. But–there is no coin in the wallet being displayed.

An FAQ said you can reset the “not a plugin” in-browser wallet thing by “loading on top” and said this is accessible from brave://wallet

It is not. There are no instructions or the slightest hint whatsoever as to whatever this thing was talking about.
You cannot even delete/remove the wallets that have been added from any menu accessible from this screen, anywhere. I accidentally “created” a new ETH wallet when trying to open an option to add my TrustWallet (based on ETH) and instead “created” a worthless ETH wallet I cannot remove from my dashboard thing.

Now, I do not understand why this in-browser wallet isn’t showing ANYTHING about my Gemini account, when that has been stated as being the thing you need to transfer your Rewards BAT coins to in order to then re-transfer them to your actual wallet.

What in the samhain is going on here?

on the page https://www.gemini.com/brave#how-to-use it states:

Explore the Gemini Trading Widget
From the Brave New Tab page, open the Gemini Trading Widget or press “Add Card” and choose Gemini if it’s not currently active. Once you connect your Gemini account to Brave, you can view your account balance, see your deposit addresses, and purchase cryptocurrency all within the widget.

The section I emphasized in italics does not exist. There is no button ANYWHERE in the “edit cards” screen that says ANYTHING about 'Gemini" whatsoever. To me, this indicates that my Gemini account is NOT connected to Brave, as it should be visible per the second sentence: “Once you connect your Gemini account to Brave, you can view your account balance, see your deposit addresses, and purchase cryptocurrency all within the widget.”

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.