Unable to add 3rd device to sync

NOTE: Any “one-liner” or topics requesting support or reporting bugs that do not make an effort to include as much of this information as possible will not be responded to. Repeatedly posting as such is grounds for banning._
Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Description of the issue:
I am trying to add a 3rd device (Windows Laptop) to the sync chain using my Android phone. After entering the sync chain the screen stops processing and just stays there. The only way to add this laptop would be to start a new sync chain but then I have the same problem trying to add my desktop PC later. It is like the sync does not recognize/allow a 3rd device.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. On Android phone start a new sync
  2. Add Windows Laptop / Desktop PC to sync using sync chain password
  3. Add another Windows laptop or desktop PC (Also Windows) to sync using the same sync chain password.
    Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
    The actual result will not add the 3rd device
    Expected result:
    The 3rd device is added to sync
    Reproduces how often:
    Everytime
    Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
    Windows 10 and Beta 1.0
    Additional Information:
    I am not sure if I am missing a crucial step in this process.

I think I found the problem. It looks like my phone cannot be the first link in the chain. When I try to add my laptop it does the same with a new sync chain but as soon as I make my Laptop the first link in the chain I am able to add my phone using the QR code.

I will now try to add my PC using the laptop sync chain. I have not tried it this way yet.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.