Twitch.tv Log in getting blocked on Brave

I currently updated my password for twitch.tv and got logged out which usually happens when you change passwords. I tried to log in on brave and got the something is wrong error on twice login page correct login details and everything. I tried to log in on other browsers and twitch mobile app and successfully logged in but just not on brave browser seems like 2FA for twitch is getting blocked?

I also disabled brave shields and tried with shields down and even cleared the sites cookies.

The site worked as expected when I logged in using google chrome.

Brave version 1.43.93

13 Likes

Forgot to mention someone else was having this problem on brave browser reddit page and here is an example of the error I get only on brave.

4 Likes

This does not necessarily have anything to do with resetting your password. I first ran into having errors claiming channel points rewards, then I could not clip, so I tried logging out, and on login it said that it encountered a problem, and wouldn’t let me log in. So I tried closing out Brave, same problem, launched a private tab, same problem, cleared out all browsing data, same problem, restarted my computer, same problem, the only solution I was able to find was downloading the latest nightly build 1.46.7 which works flawlessly. Chrome also works flawlessly, but version 1.43.93 just refuses to be compatible now. I’m not sure why as I updated to 1.43.93 a few days ago, not today.

4 Likes

I might have to try another brave version for now but just had to mention that I had reset my password just incase but yea seems like just normal log in on twitch in general with this version is having problems.

2 Likes

I can definitely recommend Nightly 1.46.8, it worked just fine.

2 Likes

Thank you will try it out!

2 Likes

Same problem here with same version. But its not only on login, i receive the same error when i try to follow or unfollow any channel.
I tried on a private windows with no success.
On Console im receiving this error:
core-20e5e60bdbbb58e0a073.js:1 [GraphQL] One or more GraphQL errors were detected on request 01GDPAN3Y6KP5657J19HVPXA9J. FollowButton_UnfollowUser: failed integrity chec

2 Likes

This is also an issue on Brave Beta (I haven’t seen it specifically mentioned).

1 Like
2 Likes

I can confirm this worked on Brave Beta. Couldn’t see how to disable strict fingerprinting on a per site basis, so I disabled it temporarily to login then re-enabled it and restarted the browser. I remain(ed) logged in and Twitch appears to be working normally again.

1 Like

I tried to clear all cookies, and the figerprinting block was completely disabled, but i still receive the same error when i try to login.
Versão 1.43.93 Chromium: 105.0.5195.127 (Versão oficial) 64 bits

1 Like

Seems to affect other browsers, given the reports. I did briefly see it, but the issue could so intermittent. When I cleared the cookies, it worked for me at the time.

2 Likes

everything seems to work ok for me on Twitch with aggressive shields on , just the video highlighter fails to save even with shields down

Screenshot 2022-09-25 194115

1 Like

I just encountered the error for claiming Channel Points bonus, additionally I am unable to claim any Channel Point redemptions.

1 Like

same problem. it works fine on google chrome.
Tried it with different twitch accounts and no addons. Logging in on Twitch.tv does not Work.

2 Likes

on Brave v1.43.93 logging does not work at all. Deleting Cookies or opening without addons does not change that.

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me last week. at first was a problem claiming channel points then once i logged out i get a error trying to log in on brave.
i can log in on all other browsers just have a problem with brave
Twitch French support department keep posting a photo on twitter saying
twitch is NO LONGER SUPPORTED on this browser

This is happening because brave is blocking the 2 factor authentication popup. (In particular this element POST https://passport.twitch.tv/integrity 400 (Bad Request)) I do not know a way around this issue. Turning off the shields on the site does not fix it nor does allowing everything on the twitch website under the security settings

3 Likes

bit of info from twitch support on twitter:

2 Likes

Brave should send a legal notice against twitch for blocking their users.
Mozilla firefox does something similar via webcompact forum. (Webcompact is not a legal notice but a formal request)

You can try this in the meantime