Problems with twitch on Brave

I can’t login to twitch and it won’t let me make payments within twitch
12:00 PM 09/23/22

1.Throughout the day I have had the problem with twitch that it does not let me log in to brave and it is strange since in brave it did let me open it and in terms of payments it simply does not show me the option to buy or hides it, I have the ad blocker option turned off for the same reason so that it lets me watch twitch

Versión 1.43.93 Chromium: 105.0.5195.127 (Build oficial) (64 bits)
](https://brave.com/latest/)
apologies for the translator’s english

1 Like

I came here to say the same thing. Both release and beta brave are affected on my desktop and laptop. I have not tried nightly yet. Chrome on the same PC works (same chromium version)

To add more information, where twitch would normally show the 2FA prompt, I get an error that “something went wrong” instead, and to try again. Chrome shows the 2FA prompt after logging in at this point in the process. Shields are off, tried turning off all extensions, used a different pc, installed brave beta- nothing helped. I started noticing weird issues not working yesterday with the platform, so I’m not sure what changed, if it was in brave, or on twitch’s end.

1 Like

Hi, I also had the same problem, I had to disable all the “shield” protections temporarily to connect, then after I could put everything back to normal.

Responded to the similar thread here;

1 Like

I can confirm this, in beta and Stable.
New profiles: same issue.

1 Like

I have tried Disabling all settings on the shields page, resetting site-specific permissions, enabling EVERYTHING relating to cookies, popups, redirects, etc. and still cannot get to the 2FA.
I saw the gif in the other thread, is that the current version? I cannot reproduce that behavior.

EDIT*
Since it will not let me add a new reply to this thread as I am new here, here are the screenshots of my attempt to follow the latest instructions of clearing my cookies, ensuring aggressive fingerprinting is off, and re-logging in. Still same result.

1 Like

why did they delete the reddit thread?

I can’t create clips, just goes to about:blank

I can’t follow streams or add users to block list

and it no longer remembers my previous position in VODS I’ve watched

I have shields disabled and twitch fingerprinting allowed

problem on regular and Beta, nightly seems to work normal

Just clear all the cookies for twitch.tv, And ensure Aggresive fingerprinting isn’t enabled on twitch. Then refresh and relogin.

It still doesn’t work, I’ll wait for the brave to update because that’s the problem with the update [
Versión 1.43.93

I have no shields enable, no blocking in any way active.

The login request shows with a error in the console:
POST https://passport.twitch.tv/integrity 400 (Bad Request)

After a little search, appears that this happens also to other users in different browsers:

Maybe not related with brave only

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, good to see its not a Brave specific issue @djprmf

It seems to happen when you disable the Brave Shield and visit Twitch with no cookies.

It still happens in the latest nightly build.

How to reproduce:

1. Go to Twitch.tv
  2. Disable the Brave Shield
  3. Clear your cookies
  4. Restart Brave
  5. Try to login again (the error should now appear)

Here is a video how I tested it: https://i.imgur.com/WZITKhU.mp4

Not sure if you didn’t just read the previous post, not related to Brave.

i think twitch is blocking brave users from login to twitch, twitch French support department told us to switch browsers.

I’ve been using Nightly build the last few days without issue. The issue persists on beta and current versions