Brave isn't a supported browser according to Twitch

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
I cannot sign into Twitch. They have stated that there are a few browsers that are supported, Brave isn’t on the list and to reach out to devs of the browsers we wanna use.

Exact URL of the website in question:
https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/supported-browsers?language=en_US

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)
The issue persisted with shields down

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
The site is useable. I can watch streams but cannot sign in, cannot comment, cannot stream, earn points or add friends.

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):
No

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
The site is useable. I can watch streams but cannot sign in, cannot comment, cannot stream, earn points or add friends. It works on Chrome. I’ve been using Microsoft Edge. Both work as normal and extensions work.

Brave version (check About Brave):
The brave version that I am using is v1.44.112.

1 Like

@some_man_tiks check out post and topic linked below:

For some, also the solution is as below (was something in that same topic)

Of course, prior to all of that:

2 Likes

Just a FYI, most places won’t “list” Brave. But that doesn’t mean anything. It just means they haven’t tested it themselves and didn’t want to put it there. That said, if it works for Chrome you KNOW it will work for Brave. Thus Brave is supported.

Hello,

I was wondering how I’d access Guest mode. I am using windows and am having trouble finding that. I cleared cookies. Only thing I haven’t done uninstall and reinstall brave. I really don’t wanna do that. If needed I can.

Go to hamburger menu (the three lines) on the top right of your window. You’ll see Create a new profile and just under that is Open a guest window. So if you want Guest mode, you’d do Guest Window. Otherwise just create a second profile and use that.

1 Like

Thank you. I found guest mode works.

Is there a keyboard shortcut? Fine if not.
Also, is there way to enable extensions for guest mode? I think you may have answered that with no but was just curious.

@some_man_tiks Private window (guest mode, as you’re calling it) and creating new profiles are generally a troubleshooting step. If you’re saying it works fine that way, then it means it’s likely you have an extension, cookie, or setting that is interfering. I’d most likely assume it’s one of your extensions. So I’d test by disabling them all and then going to Twitch first. If it works, then enable one at a time until you figure out which one is an issue.

As far as shortcuts, you can find a full list at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032272171-What-keyboard-shortcuts-can-I-use-in-Brave-

Guess one shortcut is:

• Open a new window in Private mode Ctrl + Shift + n

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.