description of the issue:
I’m trying to start using the new Brave
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
- I have downloaded and installed the new Brave Browser.
- On the old version on ‘new tab’ the instruction is to launch the new brave.
- The text says ‘Installed version: 0.62.51’.
- When I click the button on the ‘launch the new Brave’ on the new tab, or that button at the top of the browser, another Brave window does come up, but it is white, with nothing happening, or, it is black, with nothing happening.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
- It’s a black or white screen - I have retried many times, have powered down and restarted the desktop since installing the new version.
- The new Brave browser will come up and there is a welcome tour which will show me how to transfer my data from Muon to the new Brave ‘Core’
Reproduces how often:
- that’s what it does again and again
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
- Windows 7 - desktop 64bit
I did look for answers for this problem in all the forums, support and community and found this type of thread to date back to last year and February and those threads were closed.
This scenario happened last time I tried to update - get a new version of Brave, but I sorted it then, can’t remember when that was and how I sorted it.