Translation in Portuguese (Europe)

I would love to contribute in translating Brave to Portuguese (Europe). I understand there is a Portuguese version but for Brazil, but it has a lot of different terms from the Portuguese version (Portugal/Europe).

I have a lot of experience at localization for Mozilla products and also at ProtonMail, and the more languages Brave is available for, the more it grows in the community.

1 Like

Hi @albertocastro,

Thanks for being interested to help localize Brave. Here’s some information to get started:

• Brave use Transifex for localization effort. You can create an account if you don’t have one.
  • And go to this link https://www.transifex.com/brave/brave-laptop/ and search for Portuguese language project. I see there’s pt and pt_PT along with pt_BR.
  • Click Join team, and if your request accepted, you can start to translating!
  • For translating, click resource (eg. adblock.properties) that you want to translate. And then click Translate button.
  • Voila! Start translating the available strings. :slight_smile:
  • Once the progress reach 100% (all resources is translated), please PING! us so the team can include it as language option.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
Thank you,
:slight_smile:

Hi there,

Will do! Thanks for your help. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.