I can translate Brave in my language

Hello,

I can try to translate Brave browser in my native language (Albanian). Made two direct messages to 2 admins here at forum but no answer. I am trying again making this post. There is interest for this translation?

Good work to everyone

1 Like

Hello @rolak,
Thanks for your interest to help localize Brave to your native language.

To get started:

• You can create a Transifex account. Brave l10n is happens on Transifex
  • Then join the Albanian language here https://www.transifex.com/brave/brave/
  • After that you can start to translate the available strings.

Let me know if you have any question.
Thanks

Hello @eljuno

Thanks for accepting me.

I did everything and joined the team. After registering the site told me that my request can be accepted or not from don’t know who. I am waiting …

I saw that the translation in my language is almost finished. So no to much work to do …

Duh! My bad. I forgot about that one.
The team need to approve it first.
cc @Mattches @asad for assistance here.

@eljuno Don’t understand in which way can do cc…

I’m just tagging the Brave team. It’s just my habit to add cc before tagging. :sweat_smile:

Hey @rolak, just added you to the team. :slight_smile: Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

@Asad @eljuno I’ll do my best. Only, to have 100% quality work I need a contact person from the team because I am not a coder and there are expressions which I don’t understand well (for example “cross-site”). Could you give me a name?

Even to discuss with him about various problems which can appear during my work.

Thanks

You can ping me if you have any Q’s :slight_smile:

Thank you @Asad. But I am seeing that is difficult. There are to many strings that need context. And others need knowledge in coding. Cannot tell you everything. Even because I think that it will be in vain in most of cases. So I need to arrange my work hoping to do the right thing. Hoping the best…

@eljuno I made a message with a question to @Asad 2 days ago and yet don’t have an answer. Could you please contact him? I need that answer to do the right thing in that direction.

Thanks

you can tag the brave.dev account in Transifex when you open issues on a particular translation and we will respond to you in kind :slight_smile:

Hello @Asad,
I would help with translation too, and I have applied for Russian language. Can you approve me please?

I’m waiting response too.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.