I can translate Brave in my language

Hello,

I can try to translate Brave browser in my native language (Albanian). Made two direct messages to 2 admins here at forum but no answer. I am trying again making this post. There is interest for this translation?

Good work to everyone

1 Like

Hello @rolak,
Thanks for your interest to help localize Brave to your native language.

To get started:

• You can create a Transifex account. Brave l10n is happens on Transifex
  • Then join the Albanian language here https://www.transifex.com/brave/brave/
  • After that you can start to translate the available strings.

Let me know if you have any question.
Thanks

Hello @eljuno

Thanks for accepting me.

I did everything and joined the team. After registering the site told me that my request can be accepted or not from don’t know who. I am waiting …

I saw that the translation in my language is almost finished. So no to much work to do …

Duh! My bad. I forgot about that one.
The team need to approve it first.
cc @Mattches @asad for assistance here.

@eljuno Don’t understand in which way can do cc…

I’m just tagging the Brave team. It’s just my habit to add cc before tagging. :sweat_smile:

Hey @rolak, just added you to the team. :slight_smile: Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

@Asad @eljuno I’ll do my best. Only, to have 100% quality work I need a contact person from the team because I am not a coder and there are expressions which I don’t understand well (for example “cross-site”). Could you give me a name?

Even to discuss with him about various problems which can appear during my work.

Thanks

You can ping me if you have any Q’s :slight_smile:

Thank you @Asad. But I am seeing that is difficult. There are to many strings that need context. And others need knowledge in coding. Cannot tell you everything. Even because I think that it will be in vain in most of cases. So I need to arrange my work hoping to do the right thing. Hoping the best…

@eljuno I made a message with a question to @Asad 2 days ago and yet don’t have an answer. Could you please contact him? I need that answer to do the right thing in that direction.

Thanks

you can tag the brave.dev account in Transifex when you open issues on a particular translation and we will respond to you in kind :slight_smile:

Hello @Asad,
I would help with translation too, and I have applied for Russian language. Can you approve me please?

I’m waiting response too.