Polish language support

Hi,
if you’re looking for someone to help you translate you browser into polish - I’m right here. There are so many mistakes in your settings menu.

Regards.

R.

2 Likes

Hi @skiptoafro,

Thanks for your interest to help localize Brave into Polish language. I’ll give you steps to get started. :slight_smile:

• Brave use Transifex for localization effort. You can create an account if you don’t have one.
  • During the setup, it’ll ask if you want to start your own project or join an existing project. Choose to join an existing project.
  • Transifex will ask which languages you speak; filling this in is appreciated so that we have an accurate snapshot of the languages our contributors are familiar with.
  • At this point, your account will be created and you can confirm your email.

At this point, you are ready to join and help with translations or you can request a language.

• Visit https://www.transifex.com/brave/brave-laptop/
  • In the top right, you can click “Join team”. You can specify the languages you speak OR request a language which is not currently provided. One of Brave contributors will be able to approve your access.
  • For translating, click resource (eg. adblock.properties) that you want to translate. And then click Translate button.
  • Voila! Start translating the available strings.In this case you also can suggest new translation for misspelled or wrong translation.

Hope that can help.
Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
Best,
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it actually relevant as brave will eventually be based on chromium which has full language pack support ?

HI @yar05,

I believe yes for the current Brave on desktop. :slight_smile: Before Brave 1.0, then this version should be still maintained and developed IMO. And even for Brave 1.0, contributors still welcome to help localize Brave into locale language, AFAIK.

Also, the current Brave also based on Chromium. :wink:

well, it’s not exactly based on chromium in regard to the UI elements etc. I can see your point IF this non-chromium version is still going to be maintained. I might even jump on board with translations. Thanks for the info

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.