Translate feature still not working

Description of the issue:
I cannot get brave to translate any site written in foreign (non- English) language.
If I configure settings->languages-> offer to translate language, but I never get any popup (like in chrome) when accessing Russian site. Usually browser would ask “translate this site to English?”

Do I have to install any plugin to make this work ? (Google translate plugin didnt help)
Can someone please redirect me to procedure how to do it?

Before posting I researched , but couldn’t find appropriate solution. All what is written, I tried, but cannot make this work.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Enable translation:

1. Go to settings -> additional settings -> languages -> language
  2. in Language section add Russian language. (for example. same is for German).
  3. click … , check "offer to translate "
  4. enable " *Offer to translate pages that aren’t in a language you read "
  5. Go out of settings and load any Russian site in the same language.
    http://kremlin.ru/ (example)

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Site is shown on Russian.
It is offered to install google translate plugin.
Even when plugin is installed, accessing site doesn’t offer to translate from Russian.

Expected result:
Brave offers to translate this site and
Brave offers to translate always from Russian language.
User accepts that all sites will be translated.

Any page in Russian is automatically translated from that moment.

Reproduces how often:
always

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Version 1.16.68 Chromium: 86.0.4240.111 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Is any plugin needed to make translation work ? I really searched and i dont see what I am doing wrong.
Sorry if I wasted your time. I really like this browser a lot!
thank you so much.

3 Likes

Hi @exoticatom, Welcome to Community!
You said you installed goole translator, to use it you will need to click on the extension icon and select translate this page.

Thanks and thanks a lot for answering. I love brave. :slight_smile:

To answer your post : yes, I knew that. However for every new page I’d have to click it again and again and again and again.
Does brave has functionality (like chrome) to translate all coming pages to English?
As mentioned in description of the problem, I’d expect that Brave to ask me if I want always to translate pages in foreign language and remember that setting.

Solution with google translate extension doesn’t work fully as it should IMHO.

May I ask again:
Does brave offer translate functionality out of the box without any plugin?
If plug in is needed which one ?
What is the purpose of setting " Offer to translate pages that aren’t in a language you read "? - I never get any popup or offer.

Could you please explain what is intended with translation language setting? Can I expect seamless experience when I go to any other site (like in chrome + translate extension).
Maybe my expectations are wrong.

thx again

German example:
Check how pop up & Plug-in in chrome works:

Same site with translate plugin and same settings in brave (nothing pops up):

1 Like

is my question so dumb or no one has an answer?
Does translation work for anyone ? Android or Windows?

Windows Brave translate only works with google -> Then I have to click every time.
Android Brave doesn’t work at all.

It can be I am doing something wrong?..

6 Likes

Hello! Just try to talk to Web compatibility

Hi there, What do you mean by “try to talk to Web Compatibility”?
really don’t understand.

1 Like

Hello!
Web comparability deals with issues of the websites like yours as it sounded to be,so its a relevant platform for you to be easily and quickly assisted. Just check the top right corner of your screen and select the middle buttun,you shall see it.

Hi there,
Again, “issues of the website like yours” -> I have no specific website.

The translate feature of Brave browser (Windows or Android) doesn’t work on any site or any language.

Thank you anyway.

1 Like

I am going back to chrome. This feature is for me super important.
Thanks guys anyways.

5 Likes

Hi Brave, I have the same problem. So does everyone by the looks of it.

When are you going to fix the “Offer to Translate” functionality in Brave so that it behaves in the same manner as Chrome?

This is not a Google Translate problem. This is a Brave problem.

5 Likes

It seems they don’t care…

8 Likes

same problem here, is someone working on this?

2 Likes

I am using a lot of pages in other languages that I need translations for… this is a deal breaker for me. I will have to switch back to chrome

3 Likes

Sadly I switched back to chrome on
mobile and on desktop. Translation works with flawlessly. It’s a killer feature for me.
Obviously not for brave product managers.

4 Likes

I’m really enjoying Brave and would love to keep using it, however, the translation function is super important for me as well and I most likely will go back to using Chrome simply because of that function.

3 Likes

No one seems to care, here is the only way:

into :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@exoticatom (& others)

I don’t know why Brave Team seems to be ignoring this topic, but in the meantime (until that changes), if you don’t mind copying-&-pasting, DEEP L is the best foreign language translator I’ve found to date.

It can also translate WORD (.docx) and POWERPOINT (.pptx) files via drag-&-drop.

2 Likes

thx. They’re totally ignorant, to the point that it is becoming IMHO insulting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have exactly the same problem. I really need this to work between Spanish, Portuguese and English. I don’t know why they don’t just pass thru the Chrome functionality which works perfect. Shame that this really hinders the use of an otherwise brrrrrilliant browser

2 Likes

Same issue here, I need this feature to work before switching from Chrome to Brave.

2 Likes