The bug of translating a website page to a foreign language

bug
#1

Hello friends. Perhaps I found a bug in the browser.

There is a very convenient function of translating a page from a foreign language into my language. But it does not work.

I will try to explain in more detail. If you press the right mouse button, a special menu appears. In the menu there is an item “Translate to”. If you select this item nothing happens.

I tried a lot. I reinstalled the browser. I used a portable browser version. I installed the browser on another computer. This feature does not work.

Version 0.60.48 Chromium: 72.0.3626.121 (Official build), (64 bits) (Windows 7 64 bits). It does not work.

Version 0.62.25 Chromium: 73.0.3683.67 (Official build), (64 bit). Portable version. (Windows 7 64 bit). It does not work.

Version 0.60.48 Chromium: 72.0.3626.121 (Official build), (64 bit) (Windows 10 64 bit). It does not work.

Version 0.62.25 Chromium: 73.0.3683.67 (Official build), (64 bit). Portable version. (Windows 10 64 bit). It does not work.

Perhaps the problem is in my language. I try to translate from English to Russian and from Chinese to Russian.

I made a screenshot to make it clear what function I’m talking about.

#2

@Marxxx that’s expected. Those feature not yet fully implemented. Logged issue https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/208

Also, I’m not sure from where that you get the ‘portable’ version. Because Brave is not have portable version.

1 Like
#3

There’s a possible workaround using an extension.

I struck that last phrase through because I’m not sure it’s warranted.

closed #4

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.