Translate function does not work

I have a problem with the translation function. As of today, Brave will not translate any language into Dutch. The only message I see is ‘This page cannot be translated’.

Please repost (or edit this post) to reflect the template and guidelines and we’d be more than happy to assist you.

Guidelines - Before posting, please:

• Search the forum to see if anyone else has already posted or resolved the issue you came to ask about.
  • Fill out the template that appears in your editor when posting as it contains all the boiler-plate information surrounding your issue. It will help the Support team members and other Community members to efficiently assess and resolve your issue.
  • Provide essential info such as your version number and OS, to help Support and other Community members resolve your issue.
  • Ensure that you’re posting in the appropriate category
  • Tag your post appropriately – note that some tags are restricted to or from specific categories.
  • Observe and adhere to our code of conduct

Thanks for your reply Mattches, but what is the need for guidelines if a right click, selecting translate has no result?

Greetings.

• Knowing your Brave version helps to know what to check might have an issue, especially narrowing down potential changes that might have “broken” something.

• Having an idea of what websites you’re experiencing this on allows for testing and possibly implementing a solution

• Seeing which OS you’re using allows to check if it’s OS or device specific. This is especially the case if perhaps a person can’t replicate your issue on their own browser.

• Searching the forum can help you find solutions from people who have already been submitted. It also can help consolidate information if you have the same exact problem as someone else.

The list goes on. Support and volunteers (such as myself) can handle hundreds or even thousands of tickets and messages a day. In order to best assist, we need information. Otherwise it’s just a big waste of time.

1 Like

Hey @Bert.10

I’m sorry to hear you are going through this but as @Mattches mentioned, we need to know the information to be able to help you. Could you please share the following information:

1 - What kind of device and OS do you have?
2 - Have you updated to the latest Brave version?
If this a desktop computer (found at brave://version) to download the most recent one (https://brave.com/download/)

Be waiting for your response and have a great day!

Hey Alice,

I use windows 11 on my desktop. Brave is up-to-date
Version 1.46.134 Chromium: 108.0.5359.94 64-bits
Thanks Alice… :+1:

Hi @Bert.10

Thanks for your reply we appreciate the details. Could you kindly try to open a new page using private mode or guest mode just to check if it works.

You can open a Guest Window by going to Main menu --> Open Guest window.

Be waiting for your response!

Hi Alice, I tried private mode and guest mode. The problem remains present.

@Bert.10 Just FYI, let me link you to similar issue that’s being investigated.

1 Like

Thanks Saoiray, Kind of glad I’m not the only one…

It appears that there is a server outage related to our translation service which is the reason it’s not working as intended. We are working on a fix presently and hope to have the service up and running again as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks Mattches it’s working again. Top

The translator no longer works, although it has been fixed, it fails again when I go to the foreign page that is not in my language. I am there for about 1 minute, oh, second, oh, a little more, the page goes back to English. and I have to be pressing the translator from English to :arrow_right: Spanish so that it can be translated again and then the same thing I return the page to English and I have to be back pressing the translator so on, fix it please

@Chocolate I’d suggest you make your own topic. Also will help if you can provide details on which website(s) you’re experiencing the issue on, which version of Brave you’re using, and which OS. With all of that info, it can be more accurately investigated and resolved.

I am using on android and desktop and I am on the latest version, experiencing that the translator keeps failing I would like if you could take a look at what you had recently published please.

@Chocolate,
Please open your own topic and include all the information requested in the editor and we’d be happy to help.

1 Like