Tor mode - Is this expected behavior?

When i want to use Tor mode i have to open a Private window first and then a Tor window. I can then browse the net using the Tor window. This until i close the Private window. When i close the private window the Tor window tells me i have no internet connection.
Is this expected behaviour?

Off the top of my head, I want to say no… It’s not what I’m used to doing on the latest Brave on Mac Mojave. To use Brave’s Tor, I just have to File > New Private Window with Tor. And nothing funny like you described with the internet connection…

What version of Brave are you using? And are you using Mac Catalina?

Version 1.1.23 Chromium: 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit) on MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 (19C57)

Try it in the order i described above. Open a Private window and then from there a Tor window. They close the Private window and see if you can still browse in the Tor window.

Following your described steps, I still have no issues… I’m finishing up a Catalina VM install and I’ll try it when it’s done.

yeah… on my catalina VM, no problems either… I’d completely uninstall brave, then go to brave.com to download a new installer and reinstall.

catalina-brave-tor mp4

It seems I’m not the only one with this problem.

Does the Tor Browser bundle work at all for you?

I don’t know since i don’t use the Tor browser. But if you read my OP well, Tor browsing works on Brave, i use it every day. However, it stops working whenever i close the Private browser from which i launched the Tor browser.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.