Brave Private Window with TOR reports NO Internet Connection

I’m a newer user of Brave. I installed it on my system some time ago, but used it only a few times, and those were with the Private Window with TOR, and all worked OK.

An hour ago, I started Brave and selected a Private Window with TOR from the menu. The new window opened and I was able to access the web successfully. I shut down the browser and then reopened ti a short time ago. This time when I opened the Private Window with TOR, I got a message from Emsisoft Anti-Malware that it had detected suspicious activity in one of the Brave subfolders. I shut down Brave and ran a malware scan but nothing was found. I then started Brave once more and selected Private Window with TOR. This time, when I entered a web address, I got a white screen and a message telling me that there was no internet connection. Clicking the DETAILS box gave a message that there was no proxy server. I was instructed to go into setting and uncheck “Use a Proxy Server” in the LAN settings. I looked there and there was no check mark next to this option. I tried the Private Window with TOR again but still got the same results.

I’m using Windows 7 32-bit.

Does anyone have an idea or suggestion on how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance…!!!

3 Likes

Hi, it’s not your problem, it’s global. I have the same error when using Brave Tor. Hopefully the will fix it soon

Bye

1 Like

Problem still exists. Don’t want it to close.

Interesting, because I have the same problem (no internet on Brave Tor, but works otherwise) on a laptop I’ve been using for sometime, but a new one just bought, I downloaded Brave and there was Tor connected to the Internet on the new laptop.
That would suggest some other issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.