Top bar doesn't disappear in fullscreen

Description of the issue:
In fullscreen mode, when I go to the menu bar with the mouse and then go back to the browser window, the top bar appears but doesn’t disappear again. So it’s stuck.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open Brave in fullscreen mode
  2. Go to menu bar with the mouse cursor
  3. Go back to Brave window

Expected result:
The top bar should disappear when I’m not hovering above it.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.48.171 Chromium: 110.0.5481.177 (Offizieller Build) (arm64)

Additional Information:
It would also be nice if showing the top bar would have a smoother animation like Safari or other Mac apps for fullscreen. Only the top section should move, not the entire window.

1 Like

Hi there @Hannover69 please accept my apologies for this inconvenience. Does creating a new profile allows the browser to hide the top bar while in full screen?

Be waiting for your response.

I think there is a misunderstanding. I just want the extra piece with the traffic lights to auto-hide when I don’t hover over the menu bar anymore, but it doesn’t work perfectly.

Other apps like Safari have the new top bar that shows the traffic lights in the left corner when hovered to the menu bar in fullscreen, instead of creating a new separate bar.

I hope I was clear enough.

1 Like

Does this function work as expected on other Chromium based browsers such as Chrome or Edge? If they do, please let me know.

Yes, it happens in Chrome too.

How to reproduce it:

1. use it in fullscreen mode
  2. hover over the menu bar
  3. switch between the spaces (with ctrl+arrows or cmd+Tab)

Edit: also happens when you the menu bar apps & then click the browser window to hide the menu bar again

1 Like

@Hannover69 on that case, I would like to suggest you open a feature request topic here https://community.brave.com/c/brave-feature-requests/57 so our team can take a look.

If you have other concerns, let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.