""This extension may have been corrupted.""

I tried that restore it didnt work. Ive done crypto for 5 years or so, just not used to all the different nft nuances really

I have tagged two more guys, they will be able to help more than me.

What exactly did not work? Importing accounts or after importing properly, accounts not visible or crypto not visible?

i can see my address in the other version of ‘brave wallets prefer extensions’ but the meta mask does not link to it. so i need to open meta mask with a generic address then try to import my other one to metamask?

Like I need the account stuck on brave to link to opensea…without it being in the forked version automatically, I need the metamask extension…but it doesnt match anything I have log in wise anywhere or with addresses I recognize or use

I got it transferred over. I think lol. Thank you for your help

2 Likes

@d4rthtr4d3r I am just curious, is extension repaired? Did you have 24-words legacy seed phrase? Did you try importing using private keys insted of the seed phrase?

I figured out how to link the metamask and stuff, but the actual Brave extension/wallet that had it integrated no longer works and I have been having trouble with everything in my browsers since. It is super frustrating to not be able to get decent help for literally one of the only reasons I use the browser :frowning:

HELLLLLOOOOO? Any real help from support would be appreciated. I would like to have the other version back and available. Thanks.

2 weeks and ZERO ‘support’??? REALLY??? Help please…

You are typing all types of weird stuff. That is why me and the other guy (presumably in his case) left from the thread.

You also wrote this, so I thought the issue was solved.

I still cannot get that what exactly is the issue exactly created for. Also in my opinion you are confusing a lot of things, that is why I specifically asked if you are new to crypto.

If you are not a native english speaker, I would suggest using an online translator like google translate, deepl etc.

1 Like

I am not sure what is confusing. I cannot access the depricated version of the brave wallet extension because the extension is broken. There is a ‘repair’ button that doesn’t do anything when clicked. Yes, I can access my wallet through meta mask, but it is not the same format or as user friendly as the version I am used to and would like to use. I have been in crypto for like 6 years, but trying to learn another version of the wallet is annoying and I cannot add or access other tokens effectively now. Seriously not understanding what is confusing here?

The old wallet is deprecated. It has been not updated in months now. You need to move to the new wallet, brave company itself says so. That is why it is labelled as deprecated.

it was fine until I inadvertently installed meta mask extension. then it corrupted the other one.

It was also a much better version.

It is deprecated, so it does not matter if it was better or not. You have two options, either use the new brave wallet or regular metamask. Since, you liked the old brave wallet, you will feel comfortable with metamask as the old wallet was legally forked from metamask.

that is what makes not sense tho. it should still be an option. there is no reason it just magically got corrupted and cannot be fixed…and no. that version was way different. I cannot understand how to do certain things now that I could do before and it is very frustrating that I cannot get help to just fix the corrupted extension that I prefer to use.

Had the same problem, lost access to my metamask as i didnt have the recovery phrase, and the when i repaired the extension it corrupted all the files to use the vault decryptor. The support is terrible

What, you did not write those 12/24 words? Improper way to handle crytocurrencies.

This seems to be you Encrypted ldb file Brave has wiped my metamask wallet saying it was corrupted and now I can not access the certain adress that has all my tokens!

@Krustydj I would suggest trying to create an issue on metamask support as it is more so related to metamask wallet rather than brave wallet. https://scribe.rip/@misunderstood.ashley/back-up-and-recover-your-metamask-wallet-96414b2a9d14 (the tutorial seems for an app and not for the extension)

@brian

There is an option here to make the deprecated crypto wallets extension available in a new install or in a new profile: brave://flags/#ethereum_remote-client_new-installs
We don’t recommend you use that old wallet though and don’t see a reason to do that.

I’d recommend to use the new wallet at brave://wallet and restore you seed phrase there.

Please note for others that for support on MetaMask it’s better to contact MetaMask.