Syncing not responding?

Description of the issue:
I’d like to know how frequent the syncs are for bookmarks? I’ve made changes on my Windows PC, and not seeing them on my MacBook 5 – 10 minutes later.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Make bookmark changes on one device
  2. Go to your other device and check for changes

Expected result:
Seeing the updated bookmarks

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 0.69.135 Chromium: 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
I’ve seen the official docs about not syncing immediately, so I was curious how often since I didn’t see the changes happen yet. It was around 10 minutes later by the time I post this.

This also happened after not using my PC for a few months. Before then, I’m pretty sure bookmark syncing was working just fine.

I decided to start fresh, and deleted my bookmarks on target device - my MacBook. My bookmarks are correct on my Windows, so I started a new Sync Chain (removed the MacBook from my listed devices.)

After pasting my sync code to my MacBook and clicking Confirm, nothing happens. You can see that it doesn’t even respond to the click :sob:

Oct-14-2019%2021-04-53

I just tried the Beta version of Brave, and the initial sync partly worked. It started syncing, but then ended in the middle of it. Only a few bookmark folders got synced.

After trying to do it again, the behavior I explained and showed above (in the GIF) started happening again. :frowning:

There are definitely some issues with Sync that the team is prioritizing right now. We’re planning on overhauling much of its functionality. In the meantime, I’d be sure to keep copies of your bookmarks just to be safe.

2 Likes

Oh man, that makes me feel a lot better. I spent like 2 hours trying to troubleshoot this last night :laughing:

I am keeping backups. I appreciate the response. Thanks!

1 Like

Do you have any updates about the overhaul of the sync service? Is there a blog or something to follow the developments of this issue?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.