Description of the issue:
I’m experiencing issues with bookmark sync. Specifically, changes I make to my bookmarks on 1 platform are not reflected on other platforms.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
- Add the Brave browser (Nightly channel) on a Windows platform (this is the first platform).
- Create a bookmark on the bookmark toolbar.
- Set up Brave on a 2nd Windows platform. Do it the same way you did earlier.
- Set up sync on the 2nd windows platform.
- The bookmark created earlier should show up on the 2nd platform.
- On the 1st Windows platform, drag & drop that bookmark from the Bookmark Toolbar to “Other bookmarks”.
- Wait a while.
- Check bookmarks on the 2nd platform. Notice that the bookmark still appears in the bookmark toolbar.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
The bookmark change (the move) is not reflected on other sync platforms.
On the 2nd windows platform, I expected the bookmark to be absent from the bookmark toolbar and present in the “Other bookmarks” menu.
Reproduces how often:
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10, Brave Nightly (Was Chromium 74 at the time). Tested about 1-2 weeks ago.
I find it confusing how Sync is supposed to work. With Google Chrome, sync seems to happen in real time. With Brave, sync appears to not work. I can’t tell when/if it’s working. I also don’t see a way to “force” a sync. I also see, on Android using Brave, that bookmarks are duplicated sometimes. Sync overall just seems unreliable to me.