Sync seems really unreliable

Description of the issue:

I’m experiencing issues with bookmark sync. Specifically, changes I make to my bookmarks on 1 platform are not reflected on other platforms.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Add the Brave browser (Nightly channel) on a Windows platform (this is the first platform).
  2. Create a bookmark on the bookmark toolbar.
  3. Set up Brave on a 2nd Windows platform. Do it the same way you did earlier.
  4. Set up sync on the 2nd windows platform.
  5. The bookmark created earlier should show up on the 2nd platform.
  6. On the 1st Windows platform, drag & drop that bookmark from the Bookmark Toolbar to “Other bookmarks”.
  7. Wait a while.
  8. Check bookmarks on the 2nd platform. Notice that the bookmark still appears in the bookmark toolbar.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

The bookmark change (the move) is not reflected on other sync platforms.

Expected result:

On the 2nd windows platform, I expected the bookmark to be absent from the bookmark toolbar and present in the “Other bookmarks” menu.

Reproduces how often:

100%

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Windows 10, Brave Nightly (Was Chromium 74 at the time). Tested about 1-2 weeks ago.

Additional Information

I find it confusing how Sync is supposed to work. With Google Chrome, sync seems to happen in real time. With Brave, sync appears to not work. I can’t tell when/if it’s working. I also don’t see a way to “force” a sync. I also see, on Android using Brave, that bookmarks are duplicated sometimes. Sync overall just seems unreliable to me.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.