Sync on mac not working, similar to:

Description of the issue:

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

  1. I have exactly the same issue as reported here: Sync: Nothing happens after I click 'Confirm Sync Code' but on a Mac with Android, iOS and another Mac on the Sync chain
  2. When Opening Sync on one of my Macs, I enter on the properly synchronized Mac to “View Sync Codes” and on the other Mac which is on syncing, I bring up “I have a Sync Code”.
  3. I input the Sync code into the new Mac and nothing happens when I click the “Confirm Sync Code.” The other system just bring up the spinner with “Looking for Device”
  4. Following the steps of inspecting Brave Sync, I see the following:
    "sync-debug" message="fetching devices" background.js:245 "sync-debug" message="fetched 1 devices" background.js:271 "resolved-sync-records" categoryName="PREFERENCES" records=[{"action":0,"deviceId":{"0":0},"objectId":{"...<redacted>...},"device":{"name":"<redacted>"},"objectData":"device","syncTimestamp":1554413087047}]

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
No sync is occuring with only the new Mac.

Expected result:
Sync should occur

Reproduces how often:

Brave Version(about:brave):
Version 0.67.124
Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
Additional Information:
Please feel free to request more information on this thread here.


Hi, @elencticdeictic, and welcome. I’m not having the same issue, but wanted to get a Brave rep/moderator/dev (@Mattches?) to change the tags because your post is tagged as Legacy (Muon) but your Brave version is actually the current Chromium-based Brave.

1 Like

I was able to change into the “feedback” category but I really think there should be a bug category for this.

Hi, I’m having the same issue on my new macOS installation, not reaction when I click "Confirm Sync Code’ on Brave version : Version 0.68.141 Chromium: 77.0.3865.90 (Build officiel) (64 bits)


1 Like

btw, I have another Mac in which the sync is working fine with both my iOS & Android installations. It is just a single computer running the same version that hast the problem. Perhaps sync doesn’t work when you have multiple Macs?

1 Like

I am facing the same issue. I am populating a code from an iOS device and when click confirm Sync code nothing happens.
I have create a sync pair from Windows 10 and sync with iOS working.

Version 0.68.139 Chromium: 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

Experiencing the same issue here as well. Trying to sync from iPhone to OSX.


  • iPhone 6s
  • iOS 13.1.2
  • Brave 1.12.1 (


  • 10.15
  • Brave 0.69.132

Same here. Trying to sync from iPhone to Macbook.

iPhone :

  • iPhone 6 Plus
  • iOS 12.4.2
  • Brave 1.12.1 (


  • 10.13.6
  • Brave Version 0.68.140 Chromium: 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Same here, everything seems to work, but nothing actually happens after I scan the code. The screen on the “desktop” just spins saying waiting for device, but if I go back to sync, both devices (laptop & mobile device) are listed.


Macbook Pro with OSX 10.15 + all updates with Brave Version 0.70.123 Chromium: 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Android 9; SM-N960U Build/PPR1.180610.011 with Brave 1.4.3, Chromium 78.0.3904.62

I have had this issue for years. I have finally found a fix. By creating a new fresh user profile on the device that won’t sync.

I found the answer here:

@seosmooth - Thanks for the suggestion, but I only have the one profile. I have a lot of settings and configuration tied to it so I’m hesitant to just wipe it and create a new one. The thread you sent me seems to indicate they were having problems with multiple profiles to begin with. Not sure that it applies per se.

1 Like