Sync on mac not working, similar to: https://community.brave.com/t/sync-nothing-happens-after-i-click-confirm-sync-code/49599

Description of the issue:

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. I have exactly the same issue as reported here: Sync: Nothing happens after I click 'Confirm Sync Code' but on a Mac with Android, iOS and another Mac on the Sync chain
  2. When Opening Sync on one of my Macs, I enter on the properly synchronized Mac to “View Sync Codes” and on the other Mac which is on syncing, I bring up “I have a Sync Code”.
  3. I input the Sync code into the new Mac and nothing happens when I click the “Confirm Sync Code.” The other system just bring up the spinner with “Looking for Device”
  4. Following the steps of inspecting Brave Sync, I see the following:
    "sync-debug" message="fetching devices" background.js:245 "sync-debug" message="fetched 1 devices" background.js:271 "resolved-sync-records" categoryName="PREFERENCES" records=[{"action":0,"deviceId":{"0":0},"objectId":{"...<redacted>...},"device":{"name":"<redacted>"},"objectData":"device","syncTimestamp":1554413087047}]

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
No sync is occuring with only the new Mac.

Expected result:
Sync should occur

Reproduces how often:
Always

Brave Version(about:brave):
Version 0.67.124
Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
yes
Additional Information:
Please feel free to request more information on this thread here.

2 Likes

Hi, @elencticdeictic, and welcome. I’m not having the same issue, but wanted to get a Brave rep/moderator/dev (@Mattches?) to change the tags because your post is tagged as Legacy (Muon) but your Brave version is actually the current Chromium-based Brave.

1 Like

I was able to change into the “feedback” category but I really think there should be a bug category for this.

Hi, I’m having the same issue on my new macOS installation, not reaction when I click "Confirm Sync Code’ on Brave version : Version 0.68.141 Chromium: 77.0.3865.90 (Build officiel) (64 bits)

Regards
Wilfried

1 Like

btw, I have another Mac in which the sync is working fine with both my iOS & Android installations. It is just a single computer running the same version that hast the problem. Perhaps sync doesn’t work when you have multiple Macs?

1 Like

I am facing the same issue. I am populating a code from an iOS device and when click confirm Sync code nothing happens.
I have create a sync pair from Windows 10 and sync with iOS working.

Version 0.68.139 Chromium: 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

Experiencing the same issue here as well. Trying to sync from iPhone to OSX.

iPhone:

• iPhone 6s
  • iOS 13.1.2
  • Brave 1.12.1 (19.09.20.23)

OSX

• Brave 0.69.132

Same here. Trying to sync from iPhone to Macbook.

iPhone :

• iPhone 6 Plus
  • iOS 12.4.2
  • Brave 1.12.1 (19.09.20.23)

MacBook

• Brave Version 0.68.140 Chromium: 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Same here, everything seems to work, but nothing actually happens after I scan the code. The screen on the “desktop” just spins saying waiting for device, but if I go back to sync, both devices (laptop & mobile device) are listed.

Using:

Macbook Pro with OSX 10.15 + all updates with Brave Version 0.70.123 Chromium: 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Android 9; SM-N960U Build/PPR1.180610.011 with Brave 1.4.3, Chromium 78.0.3904.62

I have had this issue for years. I have finally found a fix. By creating a new fresh user profile on the device that won’t sync.

I found the answer here: https://community.brave.com/t/sync-nothing-happens-after-i-click-confirm-sync-code/49599/16?u=seosmooth

1 Like

@seosmooth - Thanks for the suggestion, but I only have the one profile. I have a lot of settings and configuration tied to it so I’m hesitant to just wipe it and create a new one. The thread you sent me seems to indicate they were having problems with multiple profiles to begin with. Not sure that it applies per se.

1 Like

Code name PREFERENCES

I have a similar issue trying to sync iPhone 7 to Windows 10! Has there been a bug fix for this issue yet?

I haven’t seen any fixes… while I like many of the features of Brave, this issue is holding me back from making it my core browser. It has been going on in the thread for a very long time.

Kubuntu 19.10 - same problem.

Sync is nowhere near ready for prime time. What does it even do? It does not even keep the bookmarks synced, forget about passwords.

Why introduce features before they are ready? I don’t get it.

Pardon me I think there is one comment there somewhere from one user that gave me the idea and it worked for me

I can’t even open the sync option… it is disable on my new mac.

Any Help??

I cannot select the sync option either on my old mac.

It would be nice if I could sync to my Iphone.

Any help?

Per @Mattches in this post, Sync on macOS was deactivated due to issues that the devs are working on.

In case it’s not clear where the link goes, it’s from https://community.brave.com/t/brave-crashes-constantly/101688/66?u=hnktong

2 Likes