Description of the issue:
Nothing happens when I click “Confirm Sync Code” on a fresh installation of Brave on macOS. I’m getting the sync code from Brave on Android.
Several people have registered the same issue, but all these have been closed without any solution, as far as I can tell.
If it’s relevant, I have set up sync in this order:
- Installed Brave on Windows
- Installed Brave on Android
- Set up sync from Windows to Android
- This sync is working as expected
- Trying to set up syncing from Android to macOS, without luck
Steps to Reproduce:
- Copy sync code from Brave on Android, for example “lazy fox”
- Install Brave on macOS
- Open Brave’s top-right menu, select “Sync”
- Select “I have sync code”
- Paste sync code “lazy fox” in text box
- Click “Confirm Sync Code”
Nothing happens when I click the button “Confirm Sync Code”. It doesn’t seem to register the click at all.
I opened the console for chrome://sync/, but I don’t get any errors there either
I would expect Brave on macOS to sync bookmarks from Brave on Android.
Reproduces how often:
Every time I try to set up syncing on macOS.
Operating System and Brave Version:
Sync master: Brave 1.0.97 on Android 8.1.0
Sync recipient: Brave official build 0.65.121 64-bit on macOS 10.14.5