Sync not working, no way to export bookmarks on a dying phone

Description of the issue:
No indication sync is syncing on either computer . No way to affirmatively trigger it and get a confirmation something happened.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
does not apply

Reproduces how often:
always

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
android 1 42 97 chromium 104 0 5112 102
desktop
Type of devices currently running on the Sync chain in question:
1 42 97
Additional Information:
There is zero user feedback that sync is working or has done anything. If I want to sync two devices it seems that along with constant syncing (which is what happens I am guessing) I I would like to select a device and say “sync now” and then be provided some feedback that something is happening or that something went wrong. “Silent, with no indication anything happened” is confusing at least to me.

@tra You’re running old versions of Brave. Often you need to have them using more recent for Sync to work. Not sure if yours is older because you’re using OS versions no longer supported, such as Windows 7 or even Android 7, or what? But just to be clear, current Brave should be 1.50.121 on Android or 1.51.110 on Desktop.

Well, outdated version of Brave aside, are you sure you selected everything? For example, if you have the devices synced and chose bookmarks to be synced on Android but you don’t have it selected on Desktop, then it won’t sync.

As to whether anything is synced, you just go to brave://sync-internals and you’ll see it. For example, it has sections like you can see below:

Photos 5_5_2023 23_34_58

Actually, it would. You would detail things like if you truly have it synced and your options. Such as, do both of your devices have everything marked like you see below:

So it would be something like:

1. Add devices on sync chain
  2. Authorize sync to Sync Everything on both devices
  3. Bookmarks from Android don’t show on Desktop.

I will update Brave,. Everything was set to be synced. Note I changed the bug report to what is perhaps not a bug but more correctly feedback after I realized it had sync’ed. I was not aware of sync-internals. Perhaps some part or summary of that could be displayed when things are first sync’ed.