Sync hasn't been working for a while

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

I’m trying to sync everything from my laptop to my brave app on my iphone 11. I click sync on my phone and scan the code on my laptop, but after that, nothing happens. My phone does not appear in the sync chain, my bookmarks are not showing up, and on my phone, the sync chain only has my phone on it. I’ve been having this problem for a year now, no matter how many times it’s been updated.

Hey @aaesuki ! Welcome to the community :smiley:

Can you check your Sync settings to make sure you have enabled the items you want to have Synced? You can find these here → brave://settings/braveSync/setup

Porridge.

Yes, I tried to turn it on but when I refresh the page, nothing is selected.

1 Like

Hey @aaesuki !

Sorry for the delayed response!

What version of Brave are you using? What OS? Can you show me a short video of the Sync options being disabled after you enable them?

Thank you!

Porridge

@GreenBananaPorridge
[sync all]: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AFHe2moiKrGYNKcw42rjD_ISYF9EvFQx/view[customize sync]: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BNGnaZvUK5xEy4KGXYknF-4SQZaAKG3e/view

1 Like

Thank you for the videos! I also need to know what version of Brave you are using and what OS.

Thank you!

Porridge

My IOS version is 14.6 and Brave is [
Version 1.26.74 Chromium: 91.0.4472.124 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Can you ensure that both Brave on your laptop and phone are up to date? The settings reset because there are no other devices on the Sync Chain.

Instead of using the QR code to connect the devices, try using the pass phrase method.

Porridge

I tried using the words but my phone is still not showing up on the sync list.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.