Sync not working between desktop and mobile app

Description of the issue:

When I try to sync my devices, I scan the QR code and it shows each device on its respective sync portal but it does not show them on the other (does not show phone on PC nor PC on phone). I am also not able to access my bookmarks from each device on the other.

Steps to Reproduce

Just have to try to sync my devices.

Reproduces how often:

Tried three separate times but no dice.

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Windows: Version 1.12.114 Chromium: 84.0.4147.135 (Official Build) (64-bit)
iOS: Version 1.19 (20.07.21.09)

Type of devices currently running on the Sync chain in question:

Windows 10 Browser, iOS browser

Additional Information:

I appreciate your time and assistance!

1 Like

How are you syncing on iphone? I can’t find the Sync option in the iOS Brave app?

1 Like

It’s just one of my options in settings.

I do not understand your comment.

You should make your own thread then?

Nope - I don’t have the sync option in settings, it’s not there
Version 1.19.2 (20.08.05.18)

2 Likes

Sync has been disabled by Brave on iOS. They plan to roll out a new version of sync sometime in the future. They neither give an ETA for the roll out nor did they inform their users about the deactivation of sync.

You see they really value their users. Yes, this was sarcasm.

Attached is a screenshot showing I have the sync option.

1 Like

Please stop hijacking my thread and make your own. Reported.

You will lose sync when you upgrade to 1.19.2.

Is that a beta right now? I’m the newest iOS and it’s saying I’m up to date.

No, it’s not beta. Version 1.19.2 has been released 5 days ago to the App Store. See screenshot below.

What did you say ? Hijacking ? Im not a hijacking !

You make your own . I can’t understand you. Im not a hijacking !

I did have the previous version of brave on iOS and after the update to 1.19.2 my sync settings is missing.
I get that it will be implemented as sync2 but at least say something on the relase so that we know if its good to update or not.

Unfortunately Brave has been very quiet about sync for years. They even bothered to tell their users that sync would be disabled in iOS.

Don’t expect anything from them. I can only guess management is pressuring them.

Any idea when sync will be available again? I cannot sync between Mac desktop and iPhone OS - I do not have a “SYNC” option in the mobile Brave Browser.
I hope they provide it again soon!

Same! I’ve been relying on exporting and downloading the html files to sync. Very inconvenient!

They avoid to answer this question. They avoid anything relating sync for whatever reason. Users were not even informed before suddenly sync was disabled.

I do not have the Sync option either and am wondering why. I have Version 1.19.2 (20.08.05.18) as well and with no Sync options.