Super annoying "did you mean to go to x" popup every time i search a one word query in the bar

This is an example of it. It’s really annoying. I could be useful if implemented more effectively, but this feature doesn’t work. Not a formal bug report, unless this needs to be. In that case, I can fill out a bug report form.

@hverrill,
Thanks for reaching out to us.
Does this only happen when using Brave Search as your default or does this occur with any search engine as your default?

Thanks for responding! :slight_smile:
It happens with every browser. I assume it’s some sort of autocomplete feature in case you meant to go to a website.

@hverrill,

By this do you mean every search engine?

Ugh, my brain wasn’t working. Sorry. Yes, every search engine. I primarily use DuckDuckGo, but switched to brave search today to try it out.

1 Like

@hverrill,
Got it, thank you for confirming. So what you’re describing is a security feature of Chromium that used to be able to be disabled via flag but that option seems to no longer be present:

I’m wondering if you have any extensions installed in the browser at this time? Additionally, can you confirm for me what version of the browser you’re using?

Version:

Extensions:

@hverrill,
That’s quite a few extensions. Can you try creating a new temp. browser profile and test to see if you get the same behavior when using it? Please ensure that you close all of your original profile windows, such that only the new profile window is open when performing this test.

Nope, still happens. I was just wondering why it might be happening.

@hverrill,
Thank you for testing. Discussing this with some team members now. Appreciate your patience.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.