Streaming Sites

Using the latest version of Brave with Windows 10.

Two streaming sites I subscribe to won’t work with Brave.

Shudder is one and the other is AppleTV+.

Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Paramount, Disney+ and Sundance work fine.

Try adjusting brave shields for each problematic site?

@Rokkr,
What exactly happens when you visit the conflicting sites? Do they not render, are you able to interact at all, infinite loading, etc?

With Apple+I can get on the site, but it acts as if I’m not a subscriber. It allows me to log in with my Apple account, but when I try to watch something it gives me the screen to subscribe.

With Shudder, I can log in fine and select something to watch, but it gives me an error message and won’t run the video.

Both of these sites work just fine with Edge.

1 Like

Just signed up to test this. was able to test https://www.shudder.com/play/28f4c4e68a90a6f0 (great series). no issues here.

I would get an error if Widevine is disabled:

Maybe toggle Widevine in brave://settings/?search=widevine ?

Widevine should be enabled. All the other streaming sites require it now, so it’s enabled for them.

1 Like

Screenshot of the error message?

Ok, my bad. It looks as if Shudder works fine now. Apple, however, is a different story.

Okay, screenshot of the error for Apple+ ,I don’t have a apple+ account

There is no error message. I log in and that’s fine. But when I attempt to run a video I get a popup asking me to subscribe. I click on that and it tells me I already have an account. Same thing happens every time. I actually called Apple support and all they could tell me was to try another browser.

Can you clear the cookies for apple.com, and then re-login and retest? Does adjusting shields help? If you allow “All Cookies” in Shields does it help?

1 Like

Yay! That fixed it. Thanks

2 Likes

Was just clearing cookies fixed it? @Rokkr

Yes, it worked perfectly.

1 Like