Netflix.com - Able to Login into My Account but Unable to Play Videos

I am not able to play movies, etc. after logging into my Netflix account. Why is that? When I called Netflix support, they made it so that I am not able to watch from all browsers. They said that I have to download the app. I was able to use DuckDuckGo as well as Safari while I was talking to the customer support person. Now, I cannot. Can someone help me?

Do you have the subscription plan which offers to watch in Browser ?

Hello there @RaRa1 does this happens only on Brave mobile version or does it happens on desktop as well? I kindly recommend you try log in to your Netflix account and playing some content on another browser to see if the issue is not only limited to Brave.

If the page works, I will require the following information:

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1.2.3.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Additional Information:

It was happening on all of my devices. I finally gave in and downloaded the Netflix app. They won!

1 Like

Yes. I believe I do.

Please keep my question up. Thank you. :pray:t5:

1 Like

@RaRa1 You still have not answered what has been asked. We need to know which OS you’re using and version of Brave. We can’t help you if you don’t tell us.

Seems he’s on an iPad…lol, I am just guessing

Hmm yeah getting the same error, investigating.

There is a setting you can disable for playlist "Web Compatibility" compatibility

Disabling this will let netflix work

@RaRa1 could please make sure you have Widevine enabled on your Browser?

Widevine is disabled by default after installation. It can be enabled or disabled at any time by toggling of the component in brave://settings/extensions (Menu → Settings → Extensions → Widevine):

Let me know if that works.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.