[Solved] New tabs always open at bottom of the page instead of the top

Description of the issue: Every new link I open by left-clicking on the link, opens a new tab but is positioned right at the bottom of the page. I did just notice if I right-click the mouse on the same link, it positions at the top of the page when opened (as I expect it to). So I’m not sure if this is a feature?
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Left-click on a link in a page.
  2. New Tab opens.
  3. Reading position is at bottom of the page in new tab.

Expected result: Left-click on link opens new tab positioned at top of that page.

Brave Version(check About Brave): [Version 1.13.54 Chromium: 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) unknown (64-bit)]

Additional Information: So right-clicking to open does seem to work as expected but it is a 2-step process, and not how I generally click on links. Wondering if the default behaviour can be changed? Chromium for example does always position at the top of the page in new tab regardless of which method is used to open the link.

Hello @Danie10

could you disable all extension and try that in private mode

and have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks that helpled. It was Dark Reader extension causing the problem. Specifically it’s dynamic rendering. Chnaged that to Filter+ and it works as expected.

Funny thing is it does not do this on Chromium with same settings but there may be some other underyling issue with that extension or versions of it. But no problem with Brave then as it was the extension causing the problem, and not the browser.

1 Like

you welcome and glad it worked :slight_smile:

1 Like