Set Net Tab to a URL

I simply want a specific web page to open with I click on the Net Tab (+) button. It should be so easy, or I am incredible thick this morning.
Thanks, Ed

Hey Ed,

By “net tab”, I assume you mean “new tab”. If so, it is not possible to change it with Brave.

However, if you don’t mind using an extension, you can use this one that I found on the Chrome Web Store:

Just be wary of any issues that it might cause, but it seemed to work just fine for me.

Warning regarding that extension: it is quite old. That said, it will likely work as advertised, and the developer appears to be pretty solid (not willing to sell to potentially bad actors, not willing to accept potentially-harmful commits from the community, etc.).

1 Like

Is an extension really needed for this?

1. On brave://settings/getStarted, enable ‘Show Home button’ and then set a custom URL (you can disable the Home button again after if you want)
  2. On brave://settings/newTab set to ‘New tab page shows → Homepage’

@EdPatterson see above, does this do what you want?

1 Like

Ah, that’s what had slipped my mind. That does indeed work.

Originally, I went past it to check New Tab Page, which doesn’t change it. Thank you for reminding me.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I added the extension and that fixed it. I am a firm believer in ‘if it works, don’t fix it’, but I did save the no extension method for when I do my desktop…
Ed

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.