Save Password Default Toggle INACCESSIBLE (Win11)

There is NO LONGER a VIEWABLE Toggle on Brave to toggle ON/OFF if you want your passwords saved or not. I do NOT want my passwords saved and do NOT want to be asked EVERY SINGLE TIME. It’s past the point of annoying, to where I may just go back to Firefox. Other people have posted on this same problem but it seems the bug has never been addressed.

Before posting “solutions” PLEASE READ:
-Latest Vers of Brave: Version 1.59.117 Chromium 118.0.5993.70
-Uninstalling and Re-installing doesn’t fix.
-New lean Win11 desktop (no bloatware, clean Win11 install from MS) with only a few programs; nothing that would interfere with Brave.
-Posts with “solutions” when other people have had the same problem DO NOT WORK.

For instance, one “solution” said:
“Go to brave://settings/passwords and disable ‘offer to save passwords’ .”
BUT THIS DOES NOT WORK.
Why?
Because one can NO LONGER ACCESS “brave://settings/passwords”
Anytime “brave://settings/passwords” is typed and ENTER pressed, Brave (on its own) changes it to simply “brave://settings” – and it only shows the main setting pages. So NO “Save Password” toggle there.
From the main settings page, if I click on “AUTOFILL AND PASSWORDS” then the URL line shows “brave://settings/autofill” – and the ONLY CHOICES ON THAT PAGE TO CHOOSE FROM are: (1) Password Manager, (2) Payment Methods, (3) Addresses & More, (4) Autofill in Private Windows toggle. THAT’S IT.
If I click on Password Manager, the the ONLY THING that pops up is a line that says “saved passwords will appear here.”

Other such non-working “solutions” for other people are “is it zoomed in too much?” (it isn’t, I tried zooming out, of course no difference), etc.

THE BUG IN BRAVE IS THAT THERE IS NO WAY TO ACTUALLY ACCESS THE SCREEN WHERE THE SUPPOSED “Save Passwords?” TOGGLE IS LOCATED.

Will this ever even just be ACKNOWLEDGED by Brave’s staff?

There is NO WAY TO ACCESS THE PAGE (brave://settings/passwords) where the supposed toggle is located. This is a BUG in Brave. Can someone at least please acknowledge it?

Solution: (thanks to Saoiray)…
Apparently the previous posted “solutions” are for an older version of Brave and no longer work, so now you need to do this:
brave://password-manager/passwords
then click on the “hamburger” (3 lines) on the LEFT (not the hamburger on the upper right). And that will bring up the hidden sub-menu for password manager. From there, there is an option to toggle asking to save passwords on/off.
Thanks again Saoiray

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.