Rewards Disappeared - Please Help

Briefly describe your issue:
I have been using Brave for a couple months now. I received my payout last month of approximately 1.5 BAT. I had been accumulating an estimated amount for the month that was around .9+ BAT up until last week. There was a browser update, so I updated. Around that same time, I noticed that all BAT rewards were gone, as well as my estimated monthly earnings up until that point. Iā€™m not back up to .673 estimated earnings, but thatā€™s what Iā€™ve accumulated since.

I attempted to look up this problem, but it appears most issues of this nature are either a couple years old, or seem to have been ignored and auto-closed. Iā€™m hoping that doesnā€™t happen in this case.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Brave: Version 1.25.68 Chromium: 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
no - I havenā€™t earned enough to verify it yet.

What date did you verify your wallet?
n/a

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
yes - I had over 1.5 BAT (I canā€™t remember what I had, exactly).

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
no

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes - USA

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Macbook Air running macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Iā€™m not able to use Uphold yet.

Hey @ryanjruff ! Welcome to the community :smiley:

The issue you are facing is related to this post ā†’ Heads up: Estimated pending rewards counter fix

Porridge

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, @GreenBananaPorridge. Unfortunately, thatā€™s not the problem I described. All The BAT in my wallet that I earned last month (approximately 1.5 BAT) is gone, not just the estimated monthly earnings. That decreased, too, but it also emptied my wallet. I just collected this past monthā€™s today, which for some reason was only 0.75 BAT (even though Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve viewed a similar number of ads this month as I did last), so that is now what is showing in my wallet, while my monthly estimated earnings now shows 0.435 BAT. Is there something Iā€™m still misunderstanding?

Hey again @ryanjruff !

Please DM with the following information:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals)
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version)
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards.

Thank you,

Porridge

@GreenBananaPorridge, I think I figured out the issue, but Iā€™m not sure I entirely understand it. There was a setting I thought I had turned off called ā€œAuto-Contributeā€ that was on. When you requested a screenshot of the Rewards panel, I saw a link to ā€œView Monthly Statement for Detailsā€ that I hadnā€™t seen before. Clicking on that shows that both in April and May, my entire earnings were wiped out due to this Auto-Contribute setting. I donā€™t entirely understand what that is - Iā€™m paying the ad creators the BAT I earned to watch their ads? That seems ridiculous, but Iā€™m guessing itā€™s because I donā€™t understand that entirely.

So all that to say, I think that was my issue, but Iā€™d appreciate knowing more about the auto-contribute setting, and that, if off, does that mean I get to keep the BAT Iā€™m earning for viewing the ads? I thought that was the point in the first place.

Thanks for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.