Restore omitted feature - feature to choose a folder for bookmarks

Chat
llama2 13b by Meta
Hi, I’m Leo. I’m a fully hosted AI assistant by Brave. I’m powered by Llama 13B, a model created by Meta to be performant and applicable to many use cases.

the specific thing I am referring to is this … whenever I want to bookmark something, I click on those three lines in upper right right under the “X” causing a drop down where I then would click on “bookmarks”, which would cause a second dropdown on which the “bookmark this tab…” after clicking on that, a new box would appear … this new box would have “new bookmark added” on top … previously, it would have a third button on bottom left corner that would allow me to choose another folder to put this bookmark into, using another new "drop down box that would appear after pushing that bottom left button mentioned… this does not appear anymore
Hi there! I’m happy to help you with your question. It sounds like you’re looking for a feature in the Brave browser that used to allow you to choose a folder to save a bookmark in. Unfortunately, that feature has been removed in the latest version of Brave. Instead, you can now only choose to save the bookmark in the “Bookmarks” folder. If you want to organize your bookmarks into subfolders, you can do so by creating a new folder in the “Bookmarks” menu and then dragging and dropping the bookmark into that folder. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
removing it is a big mistake!
I understand your concern. The feature to choose a folder for bookmarks was a useful one, and its removal may be inconvenient for some users. However, the Brave team has made the decision to remove it in order to simplify the bookmarking process and improve the overall user experience.

If you would like to see the feature returned, you may want to consider reaching out to the Brave team directly and sharing your feedback. They value user input and may consider reintroducing the feature if there is enough demand for it.
where and how do I contact the team?
If you would like to contact the Brave team regarding the removal of the folder feature, you can do so through their support page. You can find the link to the support page in the Brave browser settings, under the “Help” section. From there, you can submit a ticket and the team will be in touch with you. Additionally, you can also reach out to the Brave team through their social media channels or community forums. They are always looking for user feedback and may consider reintroducing the feature if there is enough demand for it.

@deafy,
Not super clear why I’m reading this via a conversation through Leo but more importantly, Leo is wrong?

First, go to Main menu --> Bookmarks --> Bookmark this tab... as you described:

You will now see a pop-up appear that you are familiar with — note that this same action can be done by clicking that bookmark button next to the address bar (has an arrow pointing to it below). Observe the Folder dropdown:

Click on this dropdown for a list of all available folders you can save the bookmark in. Additionally, the last option Choose another folder opens a third more detailed dialog box:

Is this what you were looking for or am I misunderstanding the issue?

1 Like

yes the third drop box you showed has that button I was looking for …
the issue is why do I have to find the third box to get that button … why don’t you just leave that same button in the second illustrated dropbox as it was before without needing to go to the third dropdown? why the extra work which is totally unneeded? it was fine before

It was actually removed from the underlying Chromium engine — we did not remove it intentionally. We may end up adding up the button back in future releases.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.