Restore last Windows on Start, open additional empty Windows

When I save one browser window with 1–2 tabs, the restore function works.
But it also opens 3-4 additional windows, on random locations on my both monitors.

Today, I had the restored Window with 2 Tabs on my right monitor like it should be.
But also 3 empty Windows on the left Monitor, and 1 on the right monitor in front of the restored one.

I’m not sure if it always happens, but regularly.
Sometimes after PC restart, sometimes even right while I use the browser.

The last time I remember, I had a browser windows on the right, with a twitch stream and my Email Site. And one window on the left monitor with some tutorial video on YouTube.

After I was done with the tutorial, I notice on swap to the other window, that behind the window with the Stream, there was an empty window.

That additional windows are always smaller in resolution and not full-screen.

Step to Reproduce

1. Have a window you want to keep with 1–2 tabs
  2. Close browser, restart PC
  3. Open browser

Expected result: Just open the window with 1-2 tabs

Version: 1.64.116 Chromium: 123.0.6312.105 (Official Build) (64-Bit)

I had read something about, not to close the browser window with the X in the corner, instead of click on the 3 dots and on exit. But it was from another issue where only one of two windows was restored, not additional windows opens multiple times.

However, I hope you can help me resolve this Issue :slight_smile: since i really like brave so far.

Thanks

I really need a Solution to this!
I have the feeling it gets worse, the longer it happens!

Had started my PC today, and after starting the brave browser. My Screen gets flash banged (complete white) for 3 Seconds. After that, I had 10-11 Browser Windows opens in total, 6-7 on the left and 3-4 on the right + the Window I want to restore.

It’s ridiculous, never had a browser with that buggy “Continue where you left” Feature.
In Firefox, Opera GX and Chrome, I had never such a Bug.

Brave had convinced me since it had run better than chrome and Opera GX in therms of performance, but if this happens in the future I will switch back to Opera GX.

FinalEdit:

Brave Browser will be uninstalled now, additional to the Problems I have, I even can’t move a Browser Window, or attach one window that had a Stream or Video running to another window.

When I do so… the whole site just broken, only sound remain, but anything else is white. Have to close the window complete… and reopen… it’s hilarious… never had something on any other browsers I had used.

Goodbye