Restarting Brave will "lose" all windows which were minimized before closing it (Tab manager extension still sees them)

Description of the issue:

Closing Brave with some windows (let’s say I have 3 windows, 2 minimized, 1 on the screen) minimized will cause them not to load at all with the next launch of Brave. Alt+Tab doesn’t register the seemingly lost windows either.

I use Session Buddy extension and when I open it (after Brave starts with only 1 window out of 3) and look at the current session, it actually lists all three windows - if I try to open it, though, I get only a blank white window. From this point I need to close and reopen Brave with all of them not-minimized (even though those two will not be rendered) and it will be fine again.

I can replicate this 100% of times when I close Brave with any of Brave windows minimized.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open Brave
  2. Open more windows
  3. Leave one or more minimized
  4. Close and reopen Brave

Expected result: Windows which were not minimized will show on the screen, while those minimized will be minimized.

Actual result: Only windows which were not minimized before will be open, others are seemingly lost.

Brave Version( check About Brave): v1.1.21 (latest stable release)

Additional Information: I don’t see this issue on Mac on either v1.1.20 or v1.1.21, so this may be Windows-exclusive issue - maybe it has something to do with other reports which emerged lately about disappeared windows and tabs (albeit from what I read it looks like something different).

Since today, Chrome (79.0.3945.79) also does this, so this seems like something within Chromium.

Am I the only one??

Another update, I found out this is already a reported issue
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1019048 .

It is fixed in Chrome v. 79.0.3945.88 , so I guess now I need to wait for a new Brave release.

Edit 2019/12/19 - Brave updated to Chromium .88 . Fixed! Thanks, guys.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.