Re-Open a Previous Sync Now Only Showing in List with a "delete" Button

I was having problems with my Facebook not working correctly in Brave. So I made sure to click on the Sync button to make sure everything was synced properly. I then uninstalled Brave. I waited a few minutes and reinstalled. I used the “Sync Code” after I clicked on the “I have a Sync Code” button. What downloaded was NOT what I had synced. There was a WHOLE LOT of bookmarks missing. And I mean … LOTS!!! Probably well over 6,000 bookmarks at least. I had a lot of Recipe websites that I had bookmarked over the past six months. There were many more bookmarks missing besides the recipes as well.

Now when I go back in to the “Sync” function, I am seeing the original sync and then I am seeing the one that was created after I reloaded Brave on my computer. The only thing I have as far as the original sync is a button that says “delete.” I don’t want to delete. I want to re-open that sync to see if I can get my missing bookmarks back. There were A LOT of very important bookmarks I need to get back.

I have tried searching the Internet, the Brave Community, etc. etc. etc. and I am unable to find any information on how to retrieve the information from that original sync.

No, I never synced with another computer or phone or tablet. I don’t have any other computer, phone or tablet to sync to (unfortunately). They are all too old. Or so they say when I try to download the Brave Browser to my iPad.

Any help on how to get that original sync file opened would be mighty appreciated.

Thanks.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.51.110 Chromium: 113.0.5672.77 (Official Build) (x86_64)
(https://brave.com/latest/

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.