Query/search disappears after hitting Enter in newly opened tab

Often when I create a new tab (with Cmd+T), type something quickly in the search bar and hit Enter, the google query link shows up and disappears immediately (the search bar is empty and no page has been loaded). I have to retype the whole query again and then it always works. It’s as if the new tab isn’t finished loading before I hit Enter the first time. The behavior has persisted over several updates.

The issue has already been described in another thread, but it has been closed after 30 days of inactivity.

Brave version: Version 1.36.109 Chromium: 99.0.4844.51 (Official Build) (x86_64)

You too? I’m not sure, but I believe I got the answer that it’s an extensions issue. I can’t see it, maybe it was on my 2nd post about this issue. But I disabled the extensions one by one (and restarted Brave) and this bug still happens after having disabled all by now.

I did the same and the bug didn’t go away. Do you know a way to start Brave with factory settings (without removing my data)?

Go to settings > advance settings : reset settings

WHen I open a new tab, it takes 3 seconds at least to load it. Maybe that’s the reason. If you type something and hit enter before fully loading, it will disappear.

I have the same experience but it’s definitely not the intended behavior.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.