Push-Notification-Ads VERSUS ads on New Tab Pages and ads in Brave Newsfeeds

I was just wondering if Brave is moving from Push-Notification-Ads altogether in favor of ads on New Tab Pages and ads in Brave Newsfeeds only.

I don’t see Push-Notification-Ads at all, BUT I do see ads on New Tab pages and ads in Brave Newsfeeds.

I am in Wisconsin/USA, FWIW.

Thank you for any feedback.

Nope, we get them all. It just might be something in your settings. If you’re curious what types of ads are in your region, you can always check by visiting https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/

It’ll show the types of ads in each campaign. Such as one of Brave’s ads is below:

• You’ll notice the top right says PN, which is Push Notification.
  • If you see IC it means Inline Content which is Brave News
  • And SI is Sponsored Images which are NTP ads (which Brave is starting to call New Tab Takeovers instead)

Thank you for your response @Saoiray , but I have no clue what all this info at the link you provided is showing me, honestly.

I see PN all over the place when clicking on that link, BUT receive no Push Notification ads here.

I made no modifications in my Brave settings for this sort of thing, so I believe Brave Browser is malfunctioning in this regard, somehow.

I wonder if my Privacy Badger extension is keeping the Push Notifications ads from showing up. Is that a possibility?

Or maybe Brave doesn’t recognize my Desktop Installation on Chromebook as a Linux version of Brave for some reason for the purpose of receiving Push Notification ads?

@treego14 does anything come up if you try the test notification at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058972091-Push-Notification-Test ?

Yes, the push/desktop notification shows up there.

It really is disappointing to see Brave having hiccup after hiccup with its Rewards program; I have tried it periodically over the last 3-4 years to encounter issue after issue with it. It used to be the inability to claim BAT rewards each month as the CAPTCHA thing would not work often. Now, it’s the Push Notification Ads never showing when they’re supposed to. There’s been other issues, too, in the past and another present one which I won’t go into now. All said, the BAT earnings are so small, regardless, it’s not worth the hassle for most people I would assume.

I want Brave to work as advertised, BUT it simply doesn’t.

@treego14 sorry, lost track of the post here. What will be important for you will be to provide the info below:

• What OS are you using?

• Which version of Brave?

• If you’ve created any support tickets for this or similar issues related to Rewards and you haven’t received a response, what’s your ticket number? (Asking as could swear I saw you mention somewhere else you had an issue, but I don’t feel like looking)

• Did you ever get around to disabling or removing Privacy Badger to see if it was interfering? Because it might be.

I am on Chromebook.
Version 1.56.14 Chromium: 115.0.5790.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)
I have no support tickets.
Disabling Privacy Badger made no difference.

Thank you for any assistance you/Brave can provide.

1 Like

Will tag @Mattches and @steeven to see if either might have some ideas for you.

1 Like

@treego14,
I believe that you may be flagged. We can sort this all out if you submit a ticket to us on our form here:

Once you submit, please reply back here with the ticket number.

Thank you

I submitted a ticket, but I don’t see a ticket number anywhere.

OK, I received an email showing my ticket number now. The ticket
number is 212437 .

1 Like

Thank you for submitting. Someone on support team will assist you shortly.

1 Like