Profile Flagged for no reason

Briefly describe your issue: I was prompted to login to Gemini to reconnect my BAT rewards. I then get a popup message that my profile has been flagged. I’ve been using Brave for multiple years without issue and shouldn’t have done anything wrong to warrant this. I want my profile restored so I can continue receive BAT rewards.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)? Windows 10 and Android 10, latest Brave versions.

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no) YES

What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile? Long time ago

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? YES

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) NO

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? YES

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? YES

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices? YES

1 Like

I just had the same issue except I use uphold instead of Gemini. I did not receive my rewards, the payout page said I did receive my rewards and when I contacted Brave support they just notified me my profile was flagged and will not be reinstated after years of use

3 Likes

Raise a ticket at

Already raised a ticket. That’s how I found out. They just didn’t pay out rewards and I found out through a ticket without them telling me why

I just posted a topic a few mins ago - I got the same issue and this was the response:

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Brave Support.

Sometimes your Brave Rewards profiles can be “flagged”. That usually means our systems noticed some irregular activity associated with Brave Ads. “Irregular activity” is activity that would be considered unusual compared to an ordinary person using Brave Ads as part of their overall, everyday browsing experience.

We have reviewed the flag, and your Rewards profiles will not be reinstated. They will remain flagged. Please note, flagged profiles are ineligible for payouts.

Thank you,

Brave Support

I got the same reply from Brave Support.

Same here…
I got flagged without a reason…

1 Like

looks like a lot of people are complaining about being flagged this month - wonder if its a problem on their end causing this glitch!?

3 Likes

I sincerely hope it is a glitch, because they’re doing themselves no favours lately.

3 Likes

I think it had something to do with last months update I lost all my passwords. all my bookmarked sites and my wallet got reset to show it was Rewards profile created at: 05/02/2023, 11:50:39 AM when it was really created in November of 21

1 Like

flagged under Uphold, absolutely for no reason. Issue raised/known after a non-payment of May Rewards ticket.

BS or general error, better be solved soon… Too much issues in here.

To be honnest, I don"t care about the Rewards, but it’s a question of reliability, honnesty and trust… for a secure browser, it just sucks!!

Please, solve this, we just have enough of this BS since the beginning of Brave Rewards…

3 Likes

To be fair, I’ve been here since the beginning and we did have some glitches and teething problems but that was just a young company with a new offering growing up. Over the last year however, things have taken a different turn, and it seems (to me at least) that they’re pretty much ruining the (legitimate) user experience in the process, so I hear you on that.

2 Likes

I agree with you 100%

1 Like

I work at a company that has about 25000 employees and I work in the IT department and I have been pushing Brave for about the last 12 months telling people how great it was now I regret doing it

3 Likes

Yeah that’s kinda how I feel. I’ve been helping people get into crypto by helping them set up and use Brave/BAT and Uphold to experience/test/build faith and trust before investing their hard-earned, but Uphold already messed that up earlier this year with their new fee structure (no longer viable), and the new rewards regime means the many people we know here with unverified wallets (due to no ID and local currency not accepted at Uphold) can no longer tip their favourite creators so the browser is fast losing its appeal for them. I confess I never came to Brave for the rewards, but I got curious and then got hooked later on. But having rewards switched on is getting way too high maintenance now, for a browser that supposedly only needs basic attention! I am trying to be fair here in my criticism rather than attack them, because I know the guys behind the scene aren’t all that bad, and I remain convinced that this will, or at least ought to be, fixed.

3 Likes

I feel exactly how you have. Been using since 2019, feel a bit burned by the experience and now hoping it will get resolved. There is clearly a widespread issue.

I’ve not heard of anyone having their account not flagged after submitting a ticket.

1 Like

I hope they fix this I came here because a friend told me about Brave and like you I started using Brave rewards but the headaches are not worth it

1 Like

This is a really bad look for brave.

3 Likes

That’s the same reply I got too

I think if new users to Brave come to this message board and read all these post about people being flagged it will be a bad look for Brave

3 Likes