My Rewards Account Is Now Flagged As Well AND

Briefly describe your issue:

I have been using Brave for months now and never 1 issue. I log on today and my Gemini Account is disconnected. I try to reconnect it and low and behold, my Brave Rewards is suspended for unusual Rewards Activity. WTF? How? An ad pops up, you see it or you do not see it. It is not rocket science. I sit hour multiple hours a day at my PC and leave Brave open on a second monitor all day while I work or game off of my other 2 monitors just in case I need to search something (by the way, Google Search on Brave now… Really?)

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Windows 10 and Brave 1.56.11

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no)

Yes, it is verified

What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile?

Serious? I’m old. I barely remember yesterday. November? December of 21? I’m not sure.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Yes. 100%.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

No.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

USA

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

I’m not on Android. I’m Old. I still use a PC.

1 Like

@DjPorkchop Short version of thing is being flagged means it detected unusual behavior. This could just simply mean the way you use Brave is much different than everyone else. Therefore it flags/suspends because it wants to make sure you’re not abusing anything. This is especially true if you are earning much higher amounts of BAT than others in your region.

If you haven’t done anything wrong and think it might just be a false positive, you can submit a Rewards Support Ticket at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001302431 and the team at Brave will look into it. They’ll either reinstate your account if they see no issues or will advise your account won’t be reinstated if they see that there is an issue, in terms of violation of Terms and all.

Temporary. It was only for Image and Video search. There were articles out about it and a lot of discussion. Brave had been relying on Bing for images as they were building their own database. However, Bing drastically increased the prices and Brave decided to avoid the cost. They just tossed Bing and Google as the two primary options for people doing searches as they are the largest databases for search.

Brendan Eich shared not long ago that Brave image search may be showing soon. “Soon, like really soon” is essentially how he phrased it.

1 Like

Thanks I appreciate the reply.

I can verify I have not been able to do the captcha to claim BAT rewards since April. I failed to mention that yesterday. My apologies. I used to be able to when it said I was able to claim. When I tried to, the little captcha thing was no longer there for me.

I will bring that up in the ticket as well. After looking through many other posts and seeing others wait for well over a year, I am not holding my breath. But none the less, Thanks again.

So I submitted a ticket.

I discovered another things as well. I had not been able to do the captcha thing since April I believe. I figured it was yet another bug of Brave’s that would work itself out. I have literally not a one time since then been able to solve captcha to claim rewards. So all the ads I have allowed and or even clicked on to view have I been credited for nor have received rewards since April or May. Yet, I still got flagged. Imagine that, NOT claiming rewards and still getting flagged as suspicious. DOH!!! Reminds me of an old saying, “Damned if you do and damned if you don’t” Such is life in the world of using Brave Browser right?

So in the while I wait time, can I shut ads off all together? No point in them making money off of me if I can’t get $2.37 (arbitrary made up number) in return each month as well right?

I’ve been flagged for some reason as well. I have opened tickets, responded to posts, and posted my ticket numbers. I’m hoping if my name pops up enough, maybe they will un-flag me? Please? Pretty please?

Up until a few months ago I really enjoyed seeing a few dollars flow into my Uphold account each month. I’m really hoping they can get this fixed soon. Judging from the amount of complaints, I don’t think I’m the only one.

Matt

1 Like

You received a response that it would be resolved during the August payout. The August payout is still pending. Please reach out if you continue to have troubles after the payout is complete this month. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks. I appreciate it. Authy shafted me, I’m locked out of Gemini now so I guess it really no longer matters. I lost access to all kinds of other accounts as well. lol This one was just the tip of the iceberg. Authy sucks plain and simple and anything that depends on it’s use needs to SERIOUSLY rethink their business plan.

I do appreciate everyone’s help getting the rewards back on for me though. I suppose I can shut them back off now.

They fixed mine up. There were loads of us that got flagged recently. I think anything that depends that heavily on AI to do the dirty work is just simply no good. Look at what Google does to users over at YouTube… Need I say more? People over there are shafted out of tens of thousands of dollars daily over a over active AI system and it seems it is happening here now as well.

I hope they get you squared away soon @MSchlawin

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.