Flagged for no reason

Briefly describe your issue:
my account has been flagged for no reason and I have not received the april rewards (2.2 BAT) which suddenly disappeared from my brave account. I’m on gemini and the message reads :

Unfortunately, your Brave Rewards profile has been flagged, and you’re not able to verify with a custodian at this time. This flag can sometimes be due to irregular Brave Ads activity, though it can also be a false positive.

Besides sometimes using a vpn I can’t seem to find a valid reason for the flag.

UPDATE:

I’ve received my payout and I am able to see the ads again.

I’m very happy that this case has been worked out so fast.

One of the reply’s is funny yet very true in the same time; how can we as brave users not use a vpn for secure internet yet brave stands for secure internet browsing? Is it only possible if we use the brave vpn, if so why is that?

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Version 1.37.111 Chromium: 100.0.4896.79 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
yes
What date did you verify your wallet?
about 2/3 weeks ago
Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
No
Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
yes sometimes
Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
yes
Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
i have a macbook
Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
I am on gemini wallet

1 Like

I believe I’m in the same boat… 4 days I have not received a single ad also my counter is frozen. even if I click on sponsor ads nothing happens.

UPDATE: suddenly after 4 days everything starts working. I just received an ad

2 Likes

same problem… my account has been flagged for days, I also have an issue with my brave account on my smartphone for more than 3 months, since then I’ve tried to get one of the moderators to help me, I haven’t received a reply, apparently this will be more of the same

1 Like

I have had this problem for months.

“Checked regularly” my ass. I have been using Brave for months and hasn’t received a single penny yet. I’m thinking it’s because my account my linked on my work computer where I regularly use a VPN, but I unlinked it a while back and no dice.

I am in the same situation. I regularly use a VPN for various reasons. It would be ironic if the privacy based browser company flags their users for using privacy products.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.