Profile Flagged for no reason

Sounds like a good reason for brave to acknowledge that this is happening which they haven’t done up to this point and then fix it

4 Likes

Same issue here, account got flagged and didn’t get June payout. Just submitted a ticket, waiting to hear back.

1 Like

I have raised a ticket a couple days ago and this is the same message that Brave has been giving out to people

J (Brave Software)

Jun 16, 2023, 4:44 AM PDT

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Brave Support.

Sometimes your Brave Rewards profiles can be “flagged”. That usually means our systems noticed some irregular activity associated with Brave Ads. “Irregular activity” is activity that would be considered unusual compared to an ordinary person using Brave Ads as part of their overall, everyday browsing experience.

We have reviewed the flag, and your Rewards profiles will not be reinstated. They will remain flagged. Please note, flagged profiles are ineligible for payouts.

Thank you,

Brave Support

One thing for sure is that they are currently hiding something and will just give out this auto-message to everyone, without any particular reason. My guess is that they are hiding something, and could relate to the recent crypto crackdown in the US.

4 Likes

We individually review all Rewards cases submitted.

If you are not unflagged upon further review it is because we determined no false positives were present and the flag was appropriate. Thank you

1 Like

Just got the same reply. Did not receive rewards for May to Uphold. Have been receiving rewards for a long time before this.

Jun 16, 2023, 4:41 AM PDT

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Brave Support.

Sometimes your Brave Rewards profiles can be “flagged”. That usually means our systems noticed some irregular activity associated with Brave Ads. “Irregular activity” is activity that would be considered unusual compared to an ordinary person using Brave Ads as part of their overall, everyday browsing experience.

We have reviewed the flag, and your Rewards profiles will not be reinstated. They will remain flagged. Please note, flagged profiles are ineligible for payouts.

Thank you,

Brave Support

So you are saying all these flagged accounts isn’t a fault? @Evan123

I can understand from your point of view, however, the answer from the support is a copy-paste, without giving the exact reason why the account was flagged. I don’t mind if it got flagged, but the details is hidden away. And also, if my account is flagged, then why do I still get the BAT reward when checking the ads? I got flagged before and I will not receive anything at all. Just checked the post regarding the new antifraud, so I am waiting to see what’s going on. All I need is a proper explanation why the account is flagged. Already replied to the email and if there’s no answer to it, definitely Brave is hiding something.

That’s my take on this.

3 Likes

Can you link the antifraud post pls

+1
nothing changes on my setup,
i thing this is a way to scam people.
I use Brave since 2021 and i am so disappointed

2 Likes

Sure, here it is

1 Like

I think it’s best for everyone to stay calm and wait for Brave to investigate this. Don’t panic, it will take time. I have good experience with Brave Browser so even if no reward, I would still continue using it anyway. But again, it’s everyone’s choice, the reward is like a small convenient thing for me, but I am interested more in the reason behind the flag to understand if I have done anything wrong. I am located in Australia and currently, AUS banks are also cracking down hard on fraud and stuff. As long as there’s reason for it, I am fine with Brave.

1 Like

Got another email from them. Seems like they will not provide any further explanation.

Your case was escalated and reviewed. We standby the decision.

Thank you,

Brave Team

I think the best thing is for someone from Brave to post and tell us if this is a fault their end or working as intended.

If this is working as intended it’s a PR master stroke on how to lose your user base, yes the browser is good, but the company has shown it’s self to be untrustworthy and secretive, they cant even be arsed to reply to anyone.

5 Likes

It seems to me or every year are they looking for a new way to not pay rewards? First the limit of devices, then they fix it, then it happens again, now they dial for no reason, I have sent a ticket and I expect the same response as you, when I barely earn between 0,500 or 0,700 bat per device. (mobile, desktop, laptop). I find what they are doing shameless.

5 Likes

You can keep saying that but there isn’t a thread like this that pops up every month. You guys can ignore this issue but that’s not going to make it go away. We will continue to be allowed about this until you realize there is an issue going on here and it is your guys’s system

1 Like

Reset rewards on a flagged account yesterday.
Then activated rewards again on same account, and linked custodian account, showing Uphold verified.

Today I contacted with a help request to ask if my current account is already showing as flagged.

Requested to know now and preemptively, rather than waiting a month to watch rewards build up, to then get a “rewards on the way” notification, followed by a “rewards have arrived” message, to not receive those rewards, then request help and finally get a “copy/pasted” Game Over you’re flagged message.

Awaiting reply from Brave Help Center.
We’ll see if I receive an answer.
Anybody try this yet?

@Mclovini87 main issue that occurs is when people want to post all over the place and continuously argue, it drowns out the others. It makes it look like just a handful of people and possibly their alt accounts are the ones posting. This is part of why I suggested people to be patient overall and not to go the whole trolling/argumentative route.

As I shared on what’s known at https://community.brave.com/t/psa-current-rewards-issues-june-2023/492305I do believe there are issues. I’ve reached out to multiple people at Brave. While none have said specifically that they are investigating or anything, they haven’t responded to say that anything is final and they are absolutely confident in it.

So I do just say be patient a bit. Let’s see who else posts, and let’s try not to drown people out.

My account constantly gets flagged and unflagged. I’ll receive ads for a short period of time, then it’s back to no ads for months at a time.
Seems to me like Brave thinks using their browser a lot is “irregular”.

1 Like

Follow up:
My newly reset account is already flagged and I will not have to wait a month to find out that I won’t be receiving rewards. I can watch the BAT earnings accumulate and not expect them to ever actually arrive.

Reply received from Brave Software Help:
“Hello,
Thank you for reaching out to Brave Support…
…We have reviewed the flag, and your Rewards profiles will not be reinstated. They will remain flagged.
Please note, you can no longer receive payouts for Brave Rewards, but you will still have access to the other great features and benefits built-in to Brave.
Thank you,
Brave Support”

Question to ALL:
Are accounts flagged to Wallets, Devices, IP addresses or OTHER?

1 Like

Also flagged here today for no reason. Contacted Gemini and explained the situation, I show up as logged in on their end but Brave won’t connect as it says flagged in rewards-internals. I am assuming that this is a glitch that will be rectified and waiting to hear back from Brave regarding this issue. I have done nothing abnormal or that I don’t do on a regular basis as being on Linux I tend to distro hop but I always have my Brave software backed up and copy that back. I like Brave as a browser. One other thing that slipped my mind, I’m pretty sure that my BAT did not get paid in for May even though it said that it did as the amount showed didn’t change from memory but can’t get in to Gemini to check this as flagged.

1 Like