Plantoeat.com bookmark

Description of the issue:
I use Plantoeat.com for saving recipes from websites. They have a bookmark to save recipes to their site. The script for the bookmark is at the end.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Find a recipe I want to save.
  2. Click the Plantoeat bookmark I have in my bookmark bar.
  3. A ‘pop up’ window appears overlaying the recipe webpage on the right side of the webpage.
  4. The problem is I have now, is the popup window appears but it wants me to sign in even through I am already signed into plantoeat in another tab. This has worked in Chrome.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:
Happens all the time.
The only way I can stop it from happening is to allow all cookies for the websites I want to save a recipe on or turn on cookies of all sites.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Win 10
Version 0.63.48 Chromium: 74.0.3729.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Bookmark details:
javascript:void function(){function t(){confirm(“We are having trouble accessing this recipe. Do you want to import this recipe at www.”+o.replace("//www.","")+"%3F")%26%26e()}function e(){var t=“https:”+o+"/recipes/new%3Fwebsite_link="+encodeURIComponent(document.location.href),e=window.open(t);(!e||e.closed||“undefined”==typeof e.closed)%26%26(window.location=t)}var o="//www.plantoeat.com";/pinterest.com/.test(window.location.hostname)%26%26(e(),t=function(){});try{var n=document.createElement(“script”);“undefined”==typeof myBookmark%3F(n.setAttribute(“type”,“text/javascript”),n.setAttribute(“charset”,“UTF-8”),n.setAttribute(“src”,document.location.protocol+o+"/javascripts/pte-bookmarklet-import.min.js%3F"+(new Date).getTime()),document.body.appendChild(n),setTimeout(function(){try{myBookmark}catch(e){t()}},6e3)):myBookmark.run()}catch(i){t()}}();

@creakinator,
You may have to set cookie control in your Shields panel (on plantoeat.com) to Allow all .

Let me know if this works for you.

No that didn’t work for me. It will only work if I set the cookies to all for the site I’m trying to get the recipe from. I tried disabling the Brave controls on the plantoeat site and that didn’t work.

I see.
It’s probably just a one time check trying to find the cookie associated with PTE. If you set cookies to allow all on a site you’re trying to get a recipe from, then set them back to block all or block 3rd party, can you still get the recepie?

No. If I allow cookies for one site it will only let me pull recipes for that site. if I go to another site, nothing happens.

Sorry – perhaps that was unclear:
“If you set cookies to allow all on a site you’re trying to get a recipe from, then set them back to block all or block 3rd party, can you still get the recipe – on that same site?”
I’m essentially asking whether or not allowing cookies only once works for the site in focus after returning Shields up.

If I set it to allow all cookies for the site I want a recipe from, I can save the recipe. If I set it back to 3rd party cookies and try to get another recipe, it doesn’t work.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying. I’ll go a head and file an issue for this on our Github for the devs to review.
Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Thanks for trying. So far I’m really enjoying using Brave!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.