Picture in picture mode doesn't work anymore

My picture in picture mode doesn’t work anymore
I was watching youtube in PIP mode, later I exited out of PIP and tried to watch another video but it doesn’t work now for some reason. When I try to open a Video in PiP mode it just becomes black and an unmovable black PiP window appears at the bottom right of the corner, the sound is still playing though.

I’m running Brave Version 0.70.121 on a Intel i5 6600k, GTX 1060 on Windows 7 6.1.7601

1 Like

Im having the same issue

Im using Brave Version 0.70.121 on a Intel Core i5-4590, Intel HD Graphics 4600 on windows 10 pro, and all of my shield settings are on default

1 Like

I tried disabling and re-enabling hardware acceleration and trying different PiP addons but none of it worked.

@fr0zzen, @Necrotizen
Can you try running PIP while keeping Hardware Acceleration disabled?

Tried it. Still doesn’t work. I’ve installed 3 different PiP addons and none of them work whether hardware acceleration is enabled or disabled. This also happens on other websites not just YouTube.

@fr0zzen,
Does clearing the site(s) data/cache help the issue at all? Additionally, would you mind creating a fresh browser profile and testing the feature? A “guest” window session would also work to test — both options available in the “Profile” menu:

Unfortunately none of this worked either :frowning:

I fixed it. I had to disable and re-enable the “auto-hide the taskbar” option in taskbar and navigation properties in Windows. Now everything works fine. Thanks for all the help.

3 Likes

Excellent sleuthing! Glad that worked for you – useful information for others who may be experiencing the same issue as well. @Necrotizen, can you confirm that this resolve the issue for you as well?

YESSS it worked for me as well!!! TY TY TY @fr0zzen and @Mattches

1 Like